Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: I now have the following replacement xPAP for my recalled Philips Respironics xPAP.
This poll is closed.
DS2 - Direct from Philips. (free to me)
41.49%
117 41.49%
DS2 - From My DME, etc. (insurance covered and/or copay by me)
4.61%
13 4.61%
DS1 - New (upgraded foam) or Refurbished from Philips.
19.86%
56 19.86%
DS1 - New (upgraded foam) or Refurbished through my DME, etc.
3.90%
11 3.90%
ResMed - From my DME. (insurance covered and/or copay by me)
7.80%
22 7.80%
ResMed - I paid for it 100%. (by choice and/or no help offered by DME)
16.67%
47 16.67%
Other Brand - From my DME, etc.
0.35%
1 0.35%
Other Brand - I paid for it 100%.
5.32%
15 5.32%
Total 282 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally
RE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally
It came yesterday 2/9/23, a new DreamStation 2.  It took about six weeks from registration of my System One to delivery of a new DS 2 direct from Philips using one phone call and four visits to the Patient Portal to update my claim.  I chose not to send prescription and I did answer the questionnaire concerning level of need.  Last step is to ship back via FedEx my System One.

I have been using AirSense 10 for five years.  I think I will be getting an AirSense 11, instead of using this DS 2 which I will keep for backup.  

The DS 2 is very light, has a non heated hose, touch screen, and seems to work okay although me and touch screens do not get along many times... a failure to communicate.  The water tank is tricky at first but very easy to remove/install once you get the hang of it.  It seems cheaply made compared to the AirSense 10, but if it works it works.
I only give suggestions from experience as a fellow CPAP user, not professional advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
After registering my “BiPap Auto 960P System One 60” in August 2021, and sending in my RX / using the dream mapper software, I finally got my last two machines today.  They are new DreamST AutoSV  Model DSX900S11F. 

These were sent directly from Phillips… the portal stated that they would be fulfilled by the DME, but after a number of round with Phillips and the two DME’s, they showed up.

Note that DME’s these were “assigned to” emphatically denied that they were not fulfilling any machines for Phillips.  It took a number emails and calls, but seems Phillips did what I asked which was to change them from being assigned to a DME to being fulfilled directly. 

The emails and phone numbers which were most helpful were:  pcms.support@philips.com  and 800-345-6443 then # and 5

After 18+ months, I can close the chapter on this!
Post Reply Post Reply
Progress Report through February 2023
[Image: attachment.php?aid=48471]
[Image: 16.gif]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I was still on a SystemOne 60 series (my favorite machine until the humidifier died and couldn’t be replaced), so a DS2 was their only choice.

However my wife was on a DS1 and received a recertified DS1.  There isn’t any way to respond for her in the poll since it only allows a single choice.
Mike

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Progress Report through March 2023
[Image: attachment.php?aid=49479]
[Image: 23.gif]

RayBee

~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I registered my Auto CPAP (560p) in June of 2021. But I have no DME, causing my order to sit. Finally this year Philips decided that if they didn't have a prescription to set machines to, they could offer Auto CPAP. Kind of funny, since my original machine was Auto. at the end of March, 2023, I got a refurbished DS1, with ~6k blower hours on it. It runs quiet, even w/o the Humidifier attached. Came with new Power supply Humidifier and hose. no SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
April 25 2020 

Finally received my replacement DreamStation 1  (incl 3 yr warranty)
Post Reply Post Reply
Bump2 

Eat-popcorn
RayBee

~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Progress Report through April 2023
[Image: attachment.php?aid=50303]

RayBee

~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for keeping this stuff updated, Ray!   like
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation Go Recall [consolidated replacement & compensation info & questions] PHXSleeper 132 20,339 11 hours ago
Last Post: Olym19841988
  Help with adjustments post open heart valve replacement SistineKid 2 92 04-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: SistineKid
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 56 5,111 04-18-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: btreger
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 362,925 04-18-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,240 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 252 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 33 10,493 03-29-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.