Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: I now have the following replacement xPAP for my recalled Philips Respironics xPAP.
This poll is closed.
DS2 - Direct from Philips. (free to me)
41.49%
117 41.49%
DS2 - From My DME, etc. (insurance covered and/or copay by me)
4.61%
13 4.61%
DS1 - New (upgraded foam) or Refurbished from Philips.
19.86%
56 19.86%
DS1 - New (upgraded foam) or Refurbished through my DME, etc.
3.90%
11 3.90%
ResMed - From my DME. (insurance covered and/or copay by me)
7.80%
22 7.80%
ResMed - I paid for it 100%. (by choice and/or no help offered by DME)
16.67%
47 16.67%
Other Brand - From my DME, etc.
0.35%
1 0.35%
Other Brand - I paid for it 100%.
5.32%
15 5.32%
Total 282 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally
RE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally
Progress Report Thru January 2022
[Image: attachment.php?aid=39523]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Another variation on the theme?  Free from Philips via my DMV.  They received their first 7 units and as I was the one who notified them that there was a recall I was one of the first to receive one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bump2

Gee. Only 2 votes in 2 weeks.
Is Philips not sending out replacement xPAP's or have they just not been rolling them out as much as I thought?

We were getting about 20 votes per month before the first of the year.
[Image: animated-smileys-character-044.gif]
RayBee

~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I registered my machine in mid-November 2021 and nothing so far.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I filled out the form but since my machine was over five years old my Nurse Practitioner upon my prodding decided to prescribe a new machine.  At first through my previous DME that only deals with Respironics machines.  But after 3 months of not hearing from them I had my NP switch the prescription order over to another DME that only deals in ResMed machines (I should've just done this from the start, it likely would've gotten me my AS11 sooner) and after three and a half months of being on the waitlist due to CPAP machine shortages, the new DME called me to say they had my machine ready at last and I was very happy when they told me it was an AutoSet, and even happier when told it was the 11 series and not the older 10 series since I was not informed when I got my DreamStation Pro back in 2016 about how DMEs screw people over by giving them fixed pressure-only machines whenever possible.

So this time I made absolutely sure, reading it as she typed it out, that the prescription order for the new machine specified a pressure range (8-14 on my suggestion since she knows I am well informed about OSA treatment and am capable of self-managing my therapy and really only need to see her for proving compliance so I get replacement supplies paid for by my Medicaid MCO (Managed Care Provider - Humana in my case). 

So I guess I will eventually receive a DS2 by the looks of it that I'll pack away and keep as a backup machine in case my ResMed breaks and I need something in the meantime while I wait for repair or replacement of the ResMed.  I wonder if they will send me the DS2 fixed pressure only machine or the Auto set to what the recall DS1 machine was set at and put in fixed pressure mode.  I guess it doesn't really matter since it's extremely unlikely I'll ever need to use it.  But it'll be nice knowing that I have a brand new machine packed away to use if my ResMed breaks.  If the replacement machine is fixed pressure-ony like the original then I'll just use the data I import into OSCAR from my Autoset 11's SD card to determine the average pressure and dial that in as the setting if I find myself having to use it. 

New DME only gave me one filter though.  The old DME gave me multiple.  Oh well, they're cheap enough at least.  

And unlike my DS1, since the T-Mobile LTE modem is integrated into the machine and not sold separately my insurance didn't make me pay the DME $25 for the modem this time so it was completely free including the mask and heated hose. 

Looks like my insurance is paying for the AS11 in weekly instalments of $125 which times 12 (the 90 day 'compliance' period before I then own the machine) comes out to  $1500.
Post Reply Post Reply
Phillips recalled in June 2021. I got on their list in September 2021.

In Oct 2021, my doc had me get a new Resmed since I had already met my out of pocket expense for the year and since it was a new insurance company for me that year... no problem. So, I got a new Resmed machine in November 2021.

In Feb 2022, Phillips sent me a replacement. I guess it's a DS1 with new foam? Doesn't say DS1 or DS2 on it. It looks exactly like my original machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bump2
Last call for more votes before the end of January.
Closing in on 100 votes.
RayBee

~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
There needs to be one other option (DS1 chamber retrofit done by myself). I've done this for all three of my DS machines (apap, auto-bipap, and ASV). I've registered all three and have not yet received anything from Phillips, but I can use them, I did buy a Resmed AS10 for Her but have sold it as the therapy was not as good as the DS machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately I can't edit the choices. I knew there would be more options that come up over time. I probably should have included one option just simply called "Other". Oh well.

Thank you all who have voted.
RayBee

~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
And I hate it's encrypted data and cheap build!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 56 4,942 5 hours ago
Last Post: btreger
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,362 5 hours ago
Last Post: btreger
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,213 Yesterday, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 219 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 33 10,413 03-29-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,893 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 2,035 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.