Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: I now have the following replacement xPAP for my recalled Philips Respironics xPAP.
This poll is closed.
DS2 - Direct from Philips. (free to me)
41.64%
117 41.64%
DS2 - From My DME, etc. (insurance covered and/or copay by me)
4.63%
13 4.63%
DS1 - New (upgraded foam) or Refurbished from Philips.
19.57%
55 19.57%
DS1 - New (upgraded foam) or Refurbished through my DME, etc.
3.91%
11 3.91%
ResMed - From my DME. (insurance covered and/or copay by me)
7.83%
22 7.83%
ResMed - I paid for it 100%. (by choice and/or no help offered by DME)
16.73%
47 16.73%
Other Brand - From my DME, etc.
0.36%
1 0.36%
Other Brand - I paid for it 100%.
5.34%
15 5.34%
Total 281 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally
RE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally
But at least we can read the DS2 data with OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
Progress Report through February 2022

[Image: attachment.php?aid=40328]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: 193.gif]
Fishing for more votes.
RayBee

~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Last call and last day for any more votes before the next tally and post.
[Image: 5.gif]
RayBee

~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Progress Report through March 2022
[Image: attachment.php?aid=41277]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RayBee

~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I registered my machine in June 2021 and nothing so far!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2022, 03:30 PM)Mustang 85 Wrote: I registered my machine in June 2021 and nothing so far!

Hmmm... I guess I've got a while to wait... I didn't register until Nov 2021.   Oh-jeez
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder if the longer wait times for a replacement is because Philips is needing confirmation from the DME that the recalled CPAP can be tracked by the serial number to the actual person that registered the recalled unit they sold it to. I believe my own DME was involved in the replacement process in some way and I got the replacement about 3 months after registering.  Perhaps some other DME's might be dragging their feet if they are contacted for a confirmation by Philips(?)
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know.  If Philips is requiring all DMEs to verify that the sales/distribution record exactly matches that of the person who registered their machine for recall, I think we're all in big trouble.  I filed the recall with Philips for my father's CPAP machine using his name, but I was the actual one who purchased it for him from Supplier #1.  So the name wouldn't match in that case.  I've got to think that there are thousands of cases where the DME records don't match the person who now uses the machine.  What about sales that aren't done via an actual DME, or a place like SecondWindCPAP where the original script was for someone completely different?  What about cases where the name is misspelled or shortened (ie, James changed to Jim, Bill instead of William, etc)?  Or they use their middle name for everyday usage, but their legal name as recorded by the DME is something different?

Would be a mess, if that's the case.   Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Found this when inquiring about my recalled machine:

Quote:Your device is registered, but your order is not yet processed

There are several steps between registration and order placement, including matching patient device registrations to durable medical equipment provider (DME) registrations.

At this time, your registration has not yet been matched.

Why does Philips match registrations?

You can find more information about registration matching and the overall remediation process here.

What's next?

We have a team actively working with our DMEs to match patient registration serial numbers to the DMEs that sold the device. While there's no additional action required of you, you can reach out to both Philips and your DME with questions.

What happens if my device isn't matched to a durable medical equipment provider?

Philips will still remediate your device, but we may reach out to you for additional information that would normally be supplied by your DME.

How long will it take for me to get my replacement device?

While we have already made progress in shipping replacement devices and have increased our production capacity, we anticipate the repair and replacement program in the US will take through the end of 2022 to complete.

We understand that waiting for news about when and how your device will be repaired or replaced can be frustrating and that timing is critical. We are working urgently to remediate devices and are committed to keeping all affected parties informed through email, our recall website and social media.

What should you do?

At this time, you also have the option to update your record with additional prioritization information. To make sure higher risk patients receive a replacement device as timely as possible, we will be prioritizing remediation efforts around certain patients as requested by the Food & Drug Administration.

In addition to this prioritization, the shipment of replacement devices happens as inventory is available.

If you have already submitted responses to the prioritization questions, or have chosen not to respond, there is no further action required at this time.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,855 03-27-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,622 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,341 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,828 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 206 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,127 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.