Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: I now have the following replacement xPAP for my recalled Philips Respironics xPAP.
This poll is closed.
DS2 - Direct from Philips. (free to me)
41.64%
117 41.64%
DS2 - From My DME, etc. (insurance covered and/or copay by me)
4.63%
13 4.63%
DS1 - New (upgraded foam) or Refurbished from Philips.
19.57%
55 19.57%
DS1 - New (upgraded foam) or Refurbished through my DME, etc.
3.91%
11 3.91%
ResMed - From my DME. (insurance covered and/or copay by me)
7.83%
22 7.83%
ResMed - I paid for it 100%. (by choice and/or no help offered by DME)
16.73%
47 16.73%
Other Brand - From my DME, etc.
0.36%
1 0.36%
Other Brand - I paid for it 100%.
5.34%
15 5.34%
Total 281 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally
RE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally
I responded to the poll earlier that I had a new Resmed from my DME.  Today, on the porch, was a replacement DS1 Bipap Auto.  The invoice has a line item for cleaning and inspection, but the clinician menu shows 0 blower hours.  It came with therapy set at Auto Bipap and wide open.
Post Reply Post Reply
I received the acknowledgement email saying that some time in the next 12 months I would get the replacement for my DS1 ASV machine. Glad to see at least one advanced machine was received.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting. I wonder if that notice is an indication and projected timeframe of a DS2 ASV variant in the works. Would be nice.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Good poll, though we seem to be missing a lot of members who have received (free) replacement DS2s from Philips and not yet voted.  Surely more than 10 members have already received DS2 replacements.

I'll add this poll to my signature with the hope that it generates additional votes.
Post Reply Post Reply
I edited the first post in the huge RECALL thread, with a request that folks who've already received a replacement, please come to this thread and vote & comment.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid395733

I also put a red "NOTICE" on the title prefix of this thread to get more attention.

QUOTE from that post:

Quote:
PLEASE HELP US - If you've already registered your recalled machine at the Philips website and you have ALREADY received a replacement machine from Philips-Respironics, please VOTE in this poll, and post a reply to comment on specifically WHEN you registered, WHEN you received the replacement, and WHAT KIND of machine was sent to you.  
The poll is here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ment-Tally
Thanks
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello,

I got a message from my DME sleep coach.  Philips will be shipping a DS1 to me as a replacement device.  They claim is that it is new, not refurbished.  My settings will be preset on the device.  I will need to reuse the power cord, humidifier and memory chip, etc. I am in the que, but it will take probably several weeks.  I  will get an email when it is actually shipped.   They are estimating a December delivery date.   I have not voted in your poll.  I will when it actually appears.  

Jo
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote: RayBee pid='416745' dateline='1633657145' I hope this poll will be useful.
Can you work with the Admin to make a "view" button that works when you cannot participate in the poll yourself? I haven't had my machine recalled yet, so no data to enter as yet -- but I sure would like to see the trend, in the poll results, as to what people have been getting in their recall process...?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi EasySleep!  -  Welcome

Does your browser not display a [Show Results] in the lower right of the poll area?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Follow up:

Today, Sunday  November 21,  A new (no hours) DS1 was dropped on my porch via Fedex.  I had been told that the replacement would be arriving in December.   It was just luck that I found the box!  I have instructions to send the old unit back.  Modem. power cable, humidifier unit etc. are to be re used with the new unit.   I have now voted in the poll. 

Surprise!
Jo
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2021, 08:35 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Does your browser not display a [Show Results] in the lower right of the poll area?

All logged-in members can view the [Show Results] link and click on it to see the current results of the poll, yes.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,811 11 hours ago
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,603 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 351,987 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,815 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 366 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 200 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,121 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.