Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: I now have the following replacement xPAP for my recalled Philips Respironics xPAP.
This poll is closed.
DS2 - Direct from Philips. (free to me)
29.63%
24 29.63%
DS2 - From My DME, etc. (insurance covered and/or copay by me)
2.47%
2 2.47%
DS1 - New (upgraded foam) or Refurbished from Philips.
11.11%
9 11.11%
DS1 - New (upgraded foam) or Refurbished through my DME, etc.
0%
0 0%
ResMed - From my DME. (insurance covered and/or copay by me)
13.58%
11 13.58%
ResMed - I paid for it 100%. (by choice and/or no help offered by DME)
30.86%
25 30.86%
Other Brand - From my DME, etc.
0%
0 0%
Other Brand - I paid for it 100%.
12.35%
10 12.35%
Total 81 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally
RE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally
I voted, and appreciate seeing the chart.

I live in the US.  I registered on-line when first able to do so.  My DS1 was originally delivered in October 2017.
Except on this board, I never heard from anyone about the recall and have ever attempted to call Philips.  
I have been using a Resmed AirMini, which I purchased after this began, with no issues.  Have learned that a nose pillow works fine for me.  This unit does not use water, have only noticed drying in my mouth since winter started w/lower indoor humidity.
At any rate, I got an email from Philips December 20 saying that I was in line to receive a replacement machine.
Then, on December 28, received an email saying a unit had been shipped with a Fed Ex tracking number.
A DS2 unit arrived December 30 and was placed on my porch (I was out of town for the holidays).  
The box got wet in the rain and there was some moisture on the unit.  I am drying it all out now and probably will call Philips to replace it.
I never contacted my DME, at the beginning of the recall or anytime since.  Philips sent it to my house.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I actually got a new ds1 replacement from philips, but by mistake i chose ds2 in poll...oops.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-07-2022, 03:57 AM)arc0509 Wrote: I actually got a new ds1 replacement from philips, but by mistake i chose ds2 in poll...oops.

Ok. You're officially off the tea and cookie list.  Grin

No harm, no foul.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts and its many users.
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.1.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Bump2
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts and its many users.
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.1.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  System One Replacement? astraith 6 171 Yesterday, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 1,901 162,542 01-22-2022, 01:08 PM
Last Post: btreger
  [News] PHILIPS FDA Update 11-12-2021 Silicone Foam Defective in DS2 Sleeprider 28 2,969 01-09-2022, 01:03 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Need part replacement OR DIY fix ideas kissingfrogs2003 2 267 01-08-2022, 06:52 PM
Last Post: splitbolt
  Machine replacement by Medicare Melman 4 204 01-05-2022, 02:08 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Idea [Equipment] PHILIPS RECALL FOCUS GROUP WakeUpTime 5 691 01-02-2022, 05:21 PM
Last Post: LindanHotAir
  [Equipment] How to get replacement machine after recall maryrogers 1 243 12-27-2021, 10:25 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.