Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: I now have the following replacement xPAP for my recalled Philips Respironics xPAP.
This poll is closed.
DS2 - Direct from Philips. (free to me)
41.64%
117 41.64%
DS2 - From My DME, etc. (insurance covered and/or copay by me)
4.63%
13 4.63%
DS1 - New (upgraded foam) or Refurbished from Philips.
19.57%
55 19.57%
DS1 - New (upgraded foam) or Refurbished through my DME, etc.
3.91%
11 3.91%
ResMed - From my DME. (insurance covered and/or copay by me)
7.83%
22 7.83%
ResMed - I paid for it 100%. (by choice and/or no help offered by DME)
16.73%
47 16.73%
Other Brand - From my DME, etc.
0.36%
1 0.36%
Other Brand - I paid for it 100%.
5.34%
15 5.34%
Total 281 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally
RE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally
Hi this is Sam from The Netherlands.

Over here we 've been left in the dark by Philips and their DME's who have been left dangling as well.
Our local active APNEA Society has had several meetings and calls with a handful of Philips/Respironics people.
Promises, promises, vague indications, nothing solid. 
No prior notices to equipment becoming available: what nor when.

Highly disappointing and a disgrace to their customers. 
It is medical equipment, not just a delayed video game.

This used to be our former Dutch national pride since 1919.
By now Philips' current management have sold all their table silver: Lighting, Semiconductors, Domestic Appliances etc. in order to become the world's largest medical electronics player.
But Management goofed, the shareholders opined. Read below link using Google Translate:
https://www.iex.nl/Premium/Adviezen/7482...faald.aspx

No positive signals, schedules, forecasts conc. replacement available today. Despicable.

The availability of the OSCAR DS2 software that can decrypt, read and dsiplay SD-card is great news. Well done fellas! like

Regards, Sam
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=42822][attachment=42822]

I filed the claim in July 2021.
Was "matched" in Mar 2022.
Received the replacement from Philips in June 2022.

Attached please find a surgical mask that was placed on blower inlet inside the machine for less than 2 months.
The result is horrifying.
I was getting this stuff into my lungs for 5 years before I was informed to place the filter on the hose.
I need a good lawyer - any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
I’d really like to see the images, however maybe it’s something I’m not doing correctly..? Would someone like to kindly inform how I can see these pics please..? ☺️
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2022, 11:27 PM)newb Wrote: Attached please find a surgical mask that was placed on blower inlet inside the machine for less than 2 months.

There are no pictures attached to your post.

Directions on how to insert a picture attachment in your post:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ttachments
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'll try again to attach the picture showing the terrifying amount of pollution from the Dreamstation entering the lungs.
This machine never was treated with O3 (ozone) or alike.

Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for sharing, thats awful and I hope youre going to be ok. In Au there is a class action, which I found out about by conducting an internet search - there were other class actions that were based in the USA which also came up (I just thought I'd mention that in case its helpful). I am yet to hear back from the lawyers just yet, however the timeframe here is about 3-6 weeks to hear back from them. I am still using the A40 (not sure what its called in USA..maybe P40..?) as there are no replacements, however there have been a couple of promises from Philips, although nothing had eventuated to date.
Post Reply Post Reply
@ newb just for my accurate understanding - was this improvised filter placed directly before the outlet to you mask?
So in the outgoing airstream, before it fills your tube??
That is where IMHO it would make sense in order to trap the particles otherwise reaching your nose and lungs.
Curious
Sam

PS  I bought these HF filters through Amazon in China. 3 wks delivery. HF Filter  Excellent fit on my swivel outlet and beginning of my tube. So far not a speck.
YMMV   Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't voted yet but I just received an email that said my new machine is on it's way. I'd never even considered it might be replaced by anything other than a new or refurbed DS1 (I didn't even know the DS2 existed) but now I'm anxious to see what they're sending me. To be honest, I'm happy with the DS1 and will be happy to continue with it.

From some reading here, at least up until a few days ago, the DS2 was an evil no-no machine due to PR's most excellent and not at all anti-consumer decision to encrypt it's data. A big congrats and kudos to the OSCAR team for cracking that encryption. Bless you and all you do. I guess it makes me feel better about using it if it ends up being what they send me.

BTW when I had to confirm my details for them to preset the new machine to my pressure settings, none of the options were applicable/practical/attractive to me so I just took a photo of the pressure settings screen in the therapy menu and uploaded that. I never heard anything back until the notice that they're shipping the new machine so I suppose they considered the photo as acceptable "proof". Hopefully that helps anyone in a similar position.
Post Reply Post Reply
The surgical mask material was placed inside the machine. It was in the place where the blower connects to the intake muffler. The muffler is the plastic housing inside the machine. 
The air path is: (1) intake air filter; (2) muffler containing black foam that is the source of the particles;(3) blower; (4) exhaust of the blower leading to the humidifier and/or tube to the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
@ newb  Forgive my ignorance but being a technician myself I would have placed the filter at location (4) past the output side of the blower towards the tube, thereby catching any filth carried by the airstream before it hits your nose.

Or am I missing something?

Ciao
Sam
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,855 03-27-2024, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,622 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,341 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,828 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 384 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 206 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,127 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.