Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: I now have the following replacement xPAP for my recalled Philips Respironics xPAP.
This poll is closed.
DS2 - Direct from Philips. (free to me)
41.64%
117 41.64%
DS2 - From My DME, etc. (insurance covered and/or copay by me)
4.63%
13 4.63%
DS1 - New (upgraded foam) or Refurbished from Philips.
19.57%
55 19.57%
DS1 - New (upgraded foam) or Refurbished through my DME, etc.
3.91%
11 3.91%
ResMed - From my DME. (insurance covered and/or copay by me)
7.83%
22 7.83%
ResMed - I paid for it 100%. (by choice and/or no help offered by DME)
16.73%
47 16.73%
Other Brand - From my DME, etc.
0.36%
1 0.36%
Other Brand - I paid for it 100%.
5.34%
15 5.34%
Total 281 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally
RE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally
Firstly I want to acknowledge all the people still waiting for your replacement machines, and say with heartfelt hope that you get them as soon as possible.
Secondly, I just got my two replacement A40’s… I won’t deny, I shed a little eye fluid as the foam bits collecting in the AB every morning have had me thinking of all the VOC’s I’ve potentially been inhaling overnight for years, and now I don’t have to think about it anymore as of tonight’s sleep.
Will be setting them up and testing for the next 30mins or so, and then thinking about not thinking about VOC’s/foam bits from now on…
I’m sorry I didn’t vote - I wasn’t sure if I should based on the fact that my machine isn’t listed Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I received a new DS2 auto as replacement, previously had a DS1 Cpap
Post Reply Post Reply
Still waiting for mine. Wondering if it will ever be sent.
Post Reply Post Reply
I registered my DS1 at the Phillips website in June 2021 and received the DS2 in April 2022 from Phillips. (I found out about the recall from the internet) Talk to my DME a couple of times but they said to call Phillips. Called Phillips in September 2021 and they indicated that I would get a new machine soon? I started to get generic emails from Phillips about once a month from 10/21 regarding the recall. I wasn't sure if I would get a refurbished DS1 or a DS2 until I opened the box.
Post Reply Post Reply
Received Dream Station 2 From Respironics.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here in Australia I have just received a DS1 directly from Philips as a replacement for my 11 year old System One.
It is not quite 12 months since I registered.
Post Reply Post Reply
Progress Report through June 2022
[Image: attachment.php?aid=43113]

Thank you to all who have cast their vote.

[Image: 45.gif]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a DreamStation BiPAP Pro registered on August 12, 2021
Philips replaced with a new DreamStation Auto BiPAP on November 30, 2022
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2022, 10:40 PM)MEMarschall Wrote: I had a DreamStation BiPAP Pro registered on August 12, 2021
Philips replaced with a new DreamStation Auto BiPAP on November 30, 2022

Um.... unless you own a time machine, Nov 30, 2022 ain't here yet.   Thinking-about Too-funny
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yelled and screamed and finally got my respiratory therapist to send in a new script to DME. Finally told them the DS was "malfunctioning" and that is the code work to get a new machine. Picked up my new AirSense10 on Monday - they tried to give me an AirSense11 but since I currently use O2 at night and would have to jury-rig the tubing just like I did on the DS I told them no thanks. Didn't get it setup till last night and fantastic. Much quieter, and it quits when I take my mask off (which the DS would never do). Thanks so much for all the information on the forum. Told the CSR at my DME about the Apnea Board and she will be checking it out.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,812 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,603 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 351,998 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,815 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 369 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 201 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,122 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.