Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NYT Article on Mouth Taping -- Scam or Not?
RE: NYT Article on Mouth Taping -- Scam or Not?
I use Healthcare Durapore Silk-like Cloth Surgical Tape 1/2 “ wide about 1 “ long and only put it on my lips. The corners of my mouth are not covered. I could have a sip of water with a straw if needed. It’s more of a reminder to keep my mouth closed so it’s purpose doesn’t require a lot of strength. To remove it , I just push the tip of my tongue out and back in forth and either the top or bottom releases.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: NYT Article on Mouth Taping -- Scam or Not?
Nightynite, I was fascinated to see that most of the Instagram posters are recommending "postage stamp sized" pieces of tape.  Some even recommend Myotape, which seems to be open rectangle shapes that leave the lips uncovered.  I was wondering if incomplete taping could work with CPAP, and you've answered my question.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dry mouth and throat. VegasGMC 3 64 7 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 1 58 Yesterday, 10:07 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 11 787 04-02-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 7 617 03-29-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 4 192 03-29-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 334 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,223 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.