Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nano nasal mask
Nano nasal mask
Just got a swift fx nano. The material it is made out of seems similar to the material the swift fx pillows are made of, and my oily skin seems to be hard on the pillows. What do you do to help maintain the life of the nano cushion, and how long are people finding it lasts?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nano nasal mask
Hi bavinck,
I hope you like the Nano Nasal mask.
Wash your face and your cushion every evening before you go to sleep; hopefully, that will help your cushion last longer.
Hang in there for more suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I wash my face every night (or at least my nose and anywhere the cushion touches) before putting on the mask. Every morning, I empty the humidifier tank and let it air dry and I wash my cushion and let it air dry. I don't know how long they last as I get 2 per month and I change them 2 times per month. Not sure about the nano as I don't use that one.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't understand me50's answer.
I am going to start using a Swift FX Nano cushion. Are you saying me50 that the cushion has to be changed twice a month? Brand new ones?
I intend to clean regularly but I thought they had a quite a longer shelf life than a month.
How long should a Swift FX Nano cushion last please?
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gabby,
I think according to some insurance schedules here in the US they will send you 2 cushions a month.
If you do regular cleanings, the cushions should last longer.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2014, 09:13 PM)Gabby Wrote: I am going to start using a Swift FX Nano cushion. Are you saying me50 that the cushion has to be changed twice a month? Brand new ones?

No, I am saying that since I get 2 cushions a month for the wisp, that I change mine 2 times per month. I wash my cushion every day. There are a few different factors that would play into how long they last and everyone is different. I just want to make sure that I don't do anything to cause me to get sick so I just change mine twice a month. YMMV
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2014, 09:27 PM)me50 Wrote:
(01-21-2014, 09:13 PM)Gabby Wrote: I am going to start using a Swift FX Nano cushion. Are you saying me50 that the cushion has to be changed twice a month? Brand new ones?

No, I am saying that since I get 2 cushions a month for the wisp, that I change mine 2 times per month. I wash my cushion every day. There are a few different factors that would play into how long they last and everyone is different. I just want to make sure that I don't do anything to cause me to get sick so I just change mine every 2 weeks. YMMV

Thanks me50. So you buy new ones and throw them out every month? Sorry for the questions but as you know I haven't even started yet and I am still learning. I thought you would use a cushion for months. Maybe I had better order some more cushions now from my US supplier. She is posting to me on Friday.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2014, 09:22 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Gabby,
I think according to some insurance schedules here in the US they will send you 2 cushions a month.
If you do regular cleanings, the cushions should last longer.

Thanks Trish, this has really surprised me. I thought the cushions would last for months and months! I am so pleased I came across this thread.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
[/quote]

Thanks me50. So you buy new ones and throw them out every month?

I thought you would use a cushion for months.

Maybe I had better order some more cushions now from my US supplier. She is posting to me on Friday.

[/quote]

YES and I have an extra set of cushions as a back up.

I THINK this would depend on individual factors like how often you use the cushion (does a person sleep 8 hours a night and take daily naps? what they wash the cushions with may make a difference? does the person wash their face every night before going to sleep (and what they wash their face with)?

Well, I know postage is kind of expensive to where you live so you may want to order one as a spare just in case something happens to the one you would be using. BUT, if you aren't sure of the cushion size or even not sure if this mask will work for you since you haven't started your therapy yet, you may want to wait and see. I am not sure how to advise you on this for sure. I suppose it could depend on how much you have to pay for the cushion/pillows.

Sorry I can't help more.

Post Reply Post Reply
For my part on the cushions, I think changing them that often is a bit overkill, but that's just me, everyone is different.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 99 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 321 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,077 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,224 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 339 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 483 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [Equipment] Nasal mask over full face if suspected UARS??)) Dashaman 6 392 01-22-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.