Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nano nasal mask
RE: Nano nasal mask
me50: to get the quote function to work, you cannot have the / in the beginning quote tag. It is only in the closing tag.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...85#pid3285
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
For me, I guess just because of my nostril chemistry I go through swift fx pillows in about 3-4 weeks. Apparently this is pretty quick. The nano cushion does not go inside the nostril, so I hope it will last longer (considering the cushions are twice the price of the pillows). The nano does seem more comfy to me after one night, plus my ahi was half what it typically is. Will keep everyone posted on how long I get on one cushion. I am going to try a few weeks in a row with the nano for a real honest test.
Post Reply Post Reply
According to the Resmed webpage mask FAQ:

A sleep therapy mask used at home tends to last 6-12 months. This is only an approximate figure depending on how often you use it and clean it, but is far in excess of the standard 90-day warranty provided.

Using a mask that is in good condition will help you make sure that you're getting a proper seal during therapy. Effective treatment provides you with comfortable, optimal results, so you enjoy a good night's sleep and feel refreshed every morning, ready for the day ahead.

It's extremely important that you inspect your mask regularly for deterioration, signs of wear and tear, damage, or performance, and promptly replace parts or your entire mask if it is not working properly. This is important, because when your mask or some parts of it become worn or are damaged over time, the efficacy of the treatment you are receiving will be diminished.

Visit your accredited outlet for replacement parts or a replacement mask and to check out the latest ResMed options.

ResMed's replacement recommendations:

Every 6 months
Full face / nasal cushion
Nasal pillows

Every 8 months
Headgear

Every 12 months
Complete mask system (with headgear)
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2014, 12:13 AM)bavinck Wrote: For me, I guess just because of my nostril chemistry I go through swift fx pillows in about 3-4 weeks. Apparently this is pretty quick. The nano cushion does not go inside the nostril, so I hope it will last longer (considering the cushions are twice the price of the pillows). The nano does seem more comfy to me after one night, plus my ahi was half what it typically is. Will keep everyone posted on how long I get on one cushion. I am going to try a few weeks in a row with the nano for a real honest test.

Bavinck, will be interested to hear how you go. Also it is good that so far you are doing better with the cushion over the pillow. Seeing as all this is very new to me do you mind telling me how much you purchased a Swift FX Nano cushion for please?
I just want to make sure I am on the right track, seeing as I haven't ordered these things before. Cheers.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2014, 01:48 AM)Gabby Wrote: Bavinck, will be interested to hear how you go. Also it is good that so far you are doing better with the cushion over the pillow. Seeing as all this is very new to me do you mind telling me how much you purchased a Swift FX Nano cushion for please?

I am finding the nano is giving me a bit better ahi (<0.5 vs ~1 with pillows), but worse leak rates. Also, I find it tougher to inhale warmer air with the nano than the pillows, but that might just be something to get used to. In Canada I can get the pillows for about $25 CAN and the nano cushion for $45 CAN, shipped right to my house.
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME said one cushion a month for nano under Medicare. I bought an extra one online just in case. But I broke the first one in so my nose was not sore and now with a new cushion I need to break it in so the under nose part doesn't cause irritation.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2014, 01:04 PM)Lukie Wrote: My DME said one cushion a month for nano under Medicare. I bought an extra one online just in case. But I broke the first one in so my nose was not sore and now with a new cushion I need to break it in so the under nose part doesn't cause irritation.

Hmm, I am a Canadian but I have seen the Medicare schedules. I thought I recall reading cushions on masks were 2/month just like pillows. Something maybe you should look into and not take your dme's word for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2014, 01:16 PM)bavinck Wrote:
(01-22-2014, 01:04 PM)Lukie Wrote: My DME said one cushion a month for nano under Medicare. I bought an extra one online just in case. But I broke the first one in so my nose was not sore and now with a new cushion I need to break it in so the under nose part doesn't cause irritation.

Hmm, I am a Canadian but I have seen the Medicare schedules. I thought I recall reading cushions on masks were 2/month just like pillows. Something maybe you should look into and not take your dme's word for it.

under medicare guidelines, ffm get one cushion per month and the nasal mask and nasal pillows under medicare guidelines are allowed 2 cushions per month.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Nano "cushion" is the whole mask. It is not a cushion attached to hard plastic like other nasal masks. My DME will only give me one a month. I don't know why they wouldn't give me 2 a month. They would make more money.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lukie,
Logic and DMEs hardly ever go together, (Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha.)
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 99 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 322 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,080 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,225 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 340 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 485 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [Equipment] Nasal mask over full face if suspected UARS??)) Dashaman 6 394 01-22-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.