Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nano nasal mask
RE: Nano nasal mask
(01-22-2014, 04:02 PM)Lukie Wrote: The Nano "cushion" is the whole mask. It is not a cushion attached to hard plastic like other nasal masks. My DME will only give me one a month. I don't know why they wouldn't give me 2 a month. They would make more money.

you are allowed 2 cushions maybe you can show them to Medicare guidelines I like I did with my former durable medical equipment company
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2014, 04:42 PM)me50 Wrote:
(01-22-2014, 04:02 PM)Lukie Wrote: The Nano "cushion" is the whole mask. It is not a cushion attached to hard plastic like other nasal masks. My DME will only give me one a month. I don't know why they wouldn't give me 2 a month. They would make more money.

you are allowed 2 cushions maybe you can show them to Medicare guidelines I like I did with my former durable medical equipment company

I will if I need that many. I have used this one for a month and it fits just right. My other new replacement cushion is new and firm and hurts me under my nose even with lanolin. I don't like breaking them in.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2014, 06:49 PM)Lukie Wrote:
(01-22-2014, 04:42 PM)me50 Wrote:

I will if I need that many. I have used this one for a month and it fits just right. My other new replacement cushion is new and firm and hurts me under my nose even with lanolin. I don't like breaking them in.

I wonder if you need a different size because they shouldn't hurt you
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used one for a few nights now, no sore spots. The cushion is pretty soft. The amount of silicone that gets replaced on the nano looks about the same on cushions of other nasal masks. Really surprised they are seeing a difference. I would push harder, never know when you might need a new cushion.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm 72 with sensitive skin.
Post Reply Post Reply

that is not cool b/c you had to pay out of pocket for your 2nd one when insurance (medicare) would have covered a 2nd one for you.

Are you saying that you don't have a head gear with your nasal mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2014, 10:01 AM)me50 Wrote:

that is not cool b/c you had to pay out of pocket for your 2nd one when insurance (medicare) would have covered a 2nd one for you.

Are you saying that you don't have a head gear with your nasal mask?

I have head gear but the nano is one cushion without a hard plastic frame like other nasal masks and I think my DME thinks that because of this I only get one a month. I will show her the Medicare schedule and see. They make up their own rules. I had to fight to get my S9. They wanted to give me a Philips which is okay but I wanted the heated hose and climate control thing.
The nano is the only mask I have had so far with few leaks and lots of comfort. It would be nice if they make a new nano that vents more like ResMeds new pillows.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2014, 09:24 AM)bavinck Wrote:
(01-22-2014, 01:48 AM)Gabby Wrote: Bavinck, will be interested to hear how you go. Also it is good that so far you are doing better with the cushion over the pillow. Seeing as all this is very new to me do you mind telling me how much you purchased a Swift FX Nano cushion for please?

I am finding the nano is giving me a bit better ahi (<0.5 vs ~1 with pillows), but worse leak rates. Also, I find it tougher to inhale warmer air with the nano than the pillows, but that might just be something to get used to. In Canada I can get the pillows for about $25 CAN and the nano cushion for $45 CAN, shipped right to my house.

For whatever it is worth to someone, an update on my experience with the nano vs swift fx pillows. The nano does leak a bit on my face, definitely the pillows seem to fit me better. However, the killer for me is that the nano simply feels like I need to struggle hard to inhale. I have heard this can happen at low pressure Rx's, and it is for me with the nano. I really, really like the directionality of the ball and socket on the nano hose, though. So, I have gone back to the pillows and put them on the nano hose so I have more freedom of movement and control over the direction of the vent, I also think the nano vent diffuses the air a little more gently. I like this setup so much that I am glad I bough the nano for the hose alone. This has been my experience anyway, yours might be radically different.
Post Reply Post Reply
Very interesting, thanks for the update. I suppose we all have to work out what suits us individually. Keep up the smooth sailing.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Love my nano. It may have leaks but it has given me really good AHI numbers. Two weeks under 0.5 . Two nights in two weeks of 0.0 and no, they were not successive nights. I have been working on keeping the leaks around the eyes down because I have high eye pressures.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 97 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 315 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,075 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,222 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 338 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 482 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [Equipment] Nasal mask over full face if suspected UARS??)) Dashaman 6 392 01-22-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.