Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nap in the day time
Nap in the day time
How do I set, machine/software to record a nap during the day and night time sleep, sleep for a 24 hour period?
Thanks in advance 
Ron
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nap in the day time
Ron, your machine will automatically record all sessions - a session is defined as the period between when a machine is turned on and turned off again. So if you have a 15 minute nap in the afternoon, that will be one session. If you get up two or three times during the night, each period of use will be a session.

Have a look at the image of the left sidebar on this page: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...t_side-bar Items 10 and 11 give you the session data, and allow you to turn sessions on and off for viewing in the charts. If you have an afternoon nap you can look at it in detail by turning the night sessions off. Conversely you should turn the afternoon session off to get a better view of the night sessions. (Turn them on and off by clicking the buttons in item 11).

The CPAP day runs from noon to noon so if you have a late morning / early afternoon nap it will be split across two days.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2019, 04:26 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Ron, your machine will automatically record all sessions - a session is defined as the period between when a machine is turned on and turned off again. So if you have a 15 minute nap in the afternoon, that will be one session. If you get up two or three times during the night, each period of use will be a session.

Have a look at the image of the left sidebar on this page: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...t_side-bar  Items 10 and 11 give you the session data, and allow you to turn sessions on and off for viewing in the charts. If you have an afternoon nap you can look at it in detail by turning the night sessions off. Conversely you should turn the afternoon session off to get a better view of the night sessions. (Turn them on and off by clicking the buttons in item 11).

The CPAP day runs from noon to noon so if you have a late morning / early afternoon nap it will be split across two days.

Thanks DeepBreathing 
At one time I had and it showed 3 sessions, but now it doesn’t, I’ve been up since 3am searching/reading post, and I found one that I hope explains it, I wasn’t pressing the on/off button, I was pressing the start/stop button, pressing  start more than the stop button I’m hoping that is what it was.
I noticed this morning there were no data for today only the data for the nap I took yesterday.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
DeepBreathing
Hears the screen capture of the time that had 3 sessions

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2019, 05:14 AM)Apnearon Wrote:
(06-20-2019, 04:26 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Ron, your machine will automatically record all sessions - a session is defined as the period between when a machine is turned on and turned off again. So if you have a 15 minute nap in the afternoon, that will be one session. If you get up two or three times during the night, each period of use will be a session.

Have a look at the image of the left sidebar on this page: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...t_side-bar  Items 10 and 11 give you the session data, and allow you to turn sessions on and off for viewing in the charts. If you have an afternoon nap you can look at it in detail by turning the night sessions off. Conversely you should turn the afternoon session off to get a better view of the night sessions. (Turn them on and off by clicking the buttons in item 11).

Thanks DeepBreathing 
At one time I had and it showed 3 sessions, but now it doesn’t, I’ve been up since 3am searching/reading post, and I found one that I hope explains it, I wasn’t pressing the on/off button, I was pressing the start/stop button, pressing  start more than the stop button I’m hoping that is what it was.
I noticed this morning there were no data for today only the data for the nap I took yesterday.
Thanks

Apnearon,
Look at the bottom left side bar under the statistics.

Click on the colored sessions bars to see if any are turned off.
Icons will pop up in either black/green if on, or black/red if off.
Click on the Icons or colored sessions bars to turn on or off.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2019, 08:40 AM)OpalRose Wrote:
(06-20-2019, 05:14 AM)Apnearon Wrote:

Thanks DeepBreathing 
Thanks

Apnearon,
Look at the bottom left side bar under the statistics.

Click on the colored sessions bars to see if any are turned off.
Icons will pop up in either black/green if on, or black/red if off.
Click on the Icons or colored sessions bars to turn on or off.

Thanks OpalRose
I posted the wrong screenshot, i see what you are talking about.
Post Reply Post Reply
All seems to be going okay with the nasal pillow mask, BUT, I have no data for last night and the nap I took today, I must have changed a setting in Oscar or something.
Post Reply Post Reply
As if the mask isn't enough of a problem, now I'm getting no data on the SD card, removed Oscar then re-installed here's the data from yesterday and last night for what time I wore the mask.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Ron,

I don't know why you say there is no data - there is plenty of data there. However, there is a big gap between your afternoon nap and your night time sleep - your machine was turned off then so it wasn't collecting any data during that period.  You can see in more detail by turning the sessions on or off - click on the session bars in the bottom left hand corner.

However your leaks are (literally) off the chart again for almost the entire time the machine was running. I wonder if this isn't a problem with the mask but a big hole somewhere? Is the hose attached properly? Is there a hole in the hose? Is the humidifier seated properly? I think you should take the machine to the DME and get them to check it out.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2019, 06:55 AM)MDeepBreathing Wrote: Ron,

I don't know why you say there is no data - there is plenty of data there. However, there is a big gap between your afternoon nap and your night time sleep - your machine was turned off then so it wasn't collecting any data during that period.  You can see in more detail by turning the sessions on or off - click on the session bars in the bottom left hand corner.

However your leaks are (literally) off the chart again for almost the entire time the machine was running. I wonder if this isn't a problem with the mask but a big hole somewhere? Is the hose attached properly? Is there a hole in the hose? Is the humidifier seated properly? I think you should take the machine to the DMRE and get them to check it out.

Thanks DeepBreathing 
At first I was having no problems with the SD card, or machine with writing data (after I got the resmed Autoset 10 machine) if I took a nap, then tried to sleep that night it showed the difference sessions, take today for example, it recorded  the session for yesterday and last night, but when I checked the past sessions Daily there was There is no data to graph and below it it says Summary OnlySad
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How and where to adjust local time. douglaskeene 2 83 03-23-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Time listed: Wrong end time? How to fix? Plmnb 5 201 03-08-2024, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 321 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  OSCAR- How to set time change to (Daylight Savings time) Reesche 5 751 01-03-2024, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Reesche
  Time adjust BlueSky1958 0 417 12-10-2023, 08:05 AM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Oscar Time Display Discrepancy BeardedPAP 2 659 11-25-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: CWest
  Surprise using OSCAR the first time jaytee80 7 748 08-06-2023, 07:16 PM
Last Post: jaytee80

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.