Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Napping??
Napping??
WHat the heck?? I had to have a 2 hours power nap today. I couldn't even try to stay up. I have been doing so well with the resmed the last few weeks. I was down to .2 to .6 AH at night. Last night was .2, yet I needed a stupid power nap! ( I used the resmed for the power nap ) *sigh*

Oh well, one day day a month is better than 30! I should dump the SD card and see what went wrong.
I am not a morning person.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Napping??
(07-12-2014, 10:27 PM)Deux123 Wrote: Last night was .2, yet I needed a stupid power nap! ( I used the resmed for the power nap ) *sigh*
Same here, AHI consistently below 0.5 but on some days, I need to nap
Its like roulette wheel, you,re going get 'crappy night' now and then with the roll of the dice regardless of the numbers

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2014, 10:27 PM)Deux123 Wrote: WHat the heck?? I had to have a 2 hours power nap today.

That's not fair! I didn't get to take a nap today!!
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Power naps are good things! As long as your not behind the wheel when you do it. I take a mini-nap every once in a while. In fact I think I'll go do that now. Nah, I think I'll go to bed instead.
Post Reply Post Reply
There could be other things happening besides the apnea to make you tired during the day. eg you might have a slight virus infection, or maybe you've been over-doing things. Or maybe your body just needed a rest. If it just happens occasionally (and as Retired_guy said, not while you're driving) then I wouldn't worry about it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Napping is okay. My dog does it and he doesn't even have APNEA. If it feels right...do it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Without going into all the PROs and CONs of 'sleep hygiene', I also see nothing with a nap here and there. A stressy day can create the need for a nap, all sorts of different non-OSA related issues can be in play creating the need for a nap. Sure, check your numbers if you like, but unless this becomes a bothersome pattern, I wouldn't even waste any time thinking about it.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, the subject came up with my sleep doc at my last appointment - she had no problems with napping, as long as I was napping with PAPping, and it didn't interfere with the next night's sleep or overall sleep hygiene. YMMV, etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
My sleep doc likes "planned sleep". Meaning if you are planning to nap, all is well. But if you are watching TV and zonk-out, that's bad news. Of course, any sleep no matter how short is with my dream machine - but his issue is not with naps, but with falling asleep while trying to do something else, regardless of how benign it is (TV, reading a book, listening to music, etc).
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Napping with my CPAP ksvaughan 7 1,064 04-16-2022, 09:37 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Napping in the car morpheus1958 22 3,407 12-22-2017, 09:09 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Pills so I can stop napping? sleepytimegal 7 1,875 02-20-2017, 03:37 PM
Last Post: TurdFerguson8675

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.