Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Calling all bearded guys
RE: Calling all bearded guys
I have absolutely no idea how to interpret the leak data. Given your AHI, I don't think it's something you need to be concerned about unless you are uncomfortable with what you are wearing now. Your AHI is so low that a "better fitting" mask (if there is one) would make little to no difference.

I have been looking for some kind of guide to the graphs, particularly the flow one, but continually come up empty handed. I'd love to see a series of graphs with different events marked and labeled, but it just doesn't seem to be out there. If you or anyone else knows where to find that, please let me know! Smile

I have a mustache/goatee/beard and am using a ResMed Mirage FX, size small. I was initially given a regular size wide version of the mask but it was too big and caused pressure marks on my nose. I'm happy with what I have now.

Best wishes.

(11-20-2013, 05:55 PM)mkhenry Wrote: I was concerned about my therapy because since I retired I have grown a full breard. Looking at the graph summary data on leaks and not quite understanding what is acceptable made me do some Googling and saw the thing about striving for <5 on AHI. Plus I just changed from the ResMed Quattro to a ResMed Quattro Air full face mask and was curious if things were good with this mask.I was concerned about the leak data shown in the summary graphs and that is what led me to researching what was acceptable.

Using Resmed Quattro Air full face mask
Over the past 14 days,
Usage
Median daily usage: 7.49
Average daily usage: 7.27.

Leaks
Median: 13.2,
95th percentile: 25.8,
Maximum: 52.2

AHI average for the 14 day period is .2.

Previous 14 day period with ResMed Quattro full face mask

Usage
Median daily usage: 7.45
Average daily Usage: 8.15

Leaks
Median: 2.4
95th Percentile: 10.8

Maximum: 21.6

AHI
for this 2 week period: .1

Any input on how my therapy numbers look and suggestions for masks that work well with a full beard would be appreciated. FWIW, I have tried the nasal pillows but do not like the chin strap I have to wear when using them.

Thanks in advance.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Calling all bearded guys
(11-22-2013, 02:33 AM)sir_sleeps_alot Wrote: I have been looking for some kind of guide to the graphs, particularly the flow one, but continually come up empty handed.
Go to "LINKS to Members-Only FILES" and click on "In addition, for basic instructions on interpreting the ResScan Charts and data, go to this page:" for "Examining Sleep Apnea data with ResScan". you will find a number of graphs that show each type of Sleep Apnea event.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-P...-and-Links

ResScan guide http://www.apneaboard.com/ResScan_Interp...-Guide.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea Calling all dreamwear users Bluesv6 7 1,253 03-31-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: xaid
Idea [Diagnosis] Help guys! alexfryatt1993 9 724 01-23-2023, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mouth tape for bearded people accetableplaintain 8 3,203 08-03-2022, 04:39 PM
Last Post: accetableplaintain
  [Equipment] Calling all electronics experts.... macca1024 0 620 03-19-2022, 02:27 AM
Last Post: macca1024
  Guys can someone please explain all the different settings on a BiPap (Philips) Zoltyzolt 2 712 03-12-2022, 09:58 AM
Video [Diagnosis] Hi guys starting therapy today, could someone explain my sleep study IwantToSleep123 6 977 08-14-2021, 01:27 AM
Last Post: IwantToSleep123
  Accolades to the guys here! Danno54 3 745 09-17-2020, 06:38 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.