Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal Pillow Pressure Change from Med to Large?
Nasal Pillow Pressure Change from Med to Large?
I am curious if there is a pressure change when changing Swift FX Nasal Pillow sizes. I was initially given the Med Nasal Pillows and have been using them with no problem 22 months. My last order came and the Medium was causing pain to my nose between the pillows so I pulled out my Large that came with the machine and used that. It did relieve the pain but I believe was causing leaks. I am guessing the new mediums might have been a bit stiffer than my last one and wasn't as soft, not sure. I see there is notable difference in size, does this affect the pressure? Sort of like pinching off a garden hose affect?
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nasal Pillow Pressure Change from Med to Large?
size of the pillows does not matter but if the pillows are the wrong size or showing signs of worn out and allowing therapy air to escape than the therapy would be comprised. you could try nasal masks... don,t touch inside of the nose
S9 Escape does not tell you about leak just how many hours using the machine

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nasal Pillow Pressure Change from Med to Large?
Hi 2Tim215,
I don't know that there are pressure differences between sizes of pillows, I've not had that trouble when I tried different sizes.
You could try putting some HPA Lanolin in your nostriles. Just put a "LITTLE" bit on a q-tip and swav your nostriles, that might also help you get a better seal and it could help with the pain you are having. You can find HPA Lanolin pretty much anywhere, I think it's in the baby isle of most stores.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,432 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,710 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 153 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  What can I do to stay on my front (positional apnea due to large tongue)? aplacelikethis 1 497 03-18-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 161 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Large Increase in AHI with F20 Mask David milt 3 154 03-13-2024, 07:15 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.