Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal Pillows
Nasal Pillows
Hi, Are all nasal pillows pretty much the same? Are some more comfortable than others? I have been using them for the last couple of weeks but the last two night they have been irritating my nostrils and have been experiencing more leaks than usual.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nasal Pillows
Probably a bad fit - try another size or another make. Also, if you don't put them in correctly, you'll get leakage and irritation.
Post Reply Post Reply
HPA Lanolin soothes irritated nostrils
Check that the pillows are the correct size and fitting correctly
In the meantime try a nasal mask while the nostrils heals
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks, how long do they lasts?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Auggie Doggie, The first set of pillows I tried was very uncomfortable for me but I recently tried another set and now, I use the "Resmed" swiftLT, (I think that's what is called,) and I really like it. Not all pillows are the same. As far as your soar nostriles go, you could try HPA Lanolin, (You can get it pretty much anywhere,) just swav a little bit in your nostriles before you place your pillows in them. If you have another mask, you could use it 'till your nose recovers if you think you need to do that. Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2012, 08:23 PM)Auggie Doggie Wrote: thanks, how long do they lasts?
Check with your insurance replacement schedule
If not mistaken its 2 cushions per month and 1 mask per 3 months
I don,t use nasal pillows. When my leaks increased and the cushion get stiff is a sign to replace
usually about 3-4 months ... Oily skin can make the deterioration faster
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure you put the mask together correctly. Each type of nasal pillow is different in how they go together but if you have one where each pillow moves independently (like with the Breeze and a few others), make sure they are turned the correct way. Or your usual way.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2012, 07:41 PM)zonk Wrote: HPA Lanolin soothes irritated nostrils
Check that the pillows are the correct size and fitting correctly
In the meantime try a nasal mask while the nostrils heals

So, I went to the pharmacy today to get some HPA Lanolin. I couldn't find it anywhere. I asked a pharmacist, she walked be to the baby section and gave me a box. " It says on the front soothes, heals and protects sore nipples. Safe for mom and baby" Is this the right cream?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don,t use it but it seem to to be the right one
If its good for the mums ...its good for noses too
[Image: dd880a2b99f1924fc33efd54392f34cec7dbc715.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi auggie doggie, Yes, that's the right cream. Best of luck with getting your problem straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,765 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 321 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 391 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 398 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 934 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 483 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 865 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.