Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal Pillows
RE: Nasal Pillows
Esq, when you do the fitting, try the next larger size before you decide. Most people do better with a large P10 pillow than they originally think works.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Esq,

one quick note (if you see this in time) ... make sure you take home the complete P10 kit.  If your DME "fits" you in the office to one size pillow insert, be sure to bring home the other two sizes when you leave the office.  The P10 comes as a complete kit with S,M, and L nasal pillow inserts.  You paid for them all, take them home so you have the ability to swap sizes on your own until you figure out your best size fit. 

Some people have reported unscrupulous DMEs who remove the other sizes from a kit.  Don't let them do that.  They make more money selling individual parts, but you want the complete kit at least this time.  In the future you might order just the pillows of your best size, but then any time you replace the whole mask and strap you will still want to get the complete kit again because it's cheaper to buy the kit than the parts separately even though you only use your favorite size.  Honest DMEs will sell you the kit and save you money, others will sell you parts separately for higher cost and profit. 

anyways,  good luck today.  You are on a good path and taking charge, which is the key to effective therapy and feeling better.

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the Dreamwear gel pillows and love them.
However, before that I tried the Brevida. Great mask. similar to the P10
I just prefer the hose at the top of my head, only reason why I dont use the Brevida
Post Reply Post Reply
Just thought I'd update this. I've been using the P10 for about 2 weeks and have decided to stick with it. It took the better part of a week for me to adjust to the pillows from the nasal mask and figure out what size is best, but ultimately I decided on the large pillows. My DME suggested I start with small (though I was given the full kit), and I felt utterly air starved. It was pretty terrible. The medium was better, and leaks were almost nonexistent, but I still had to bump minimum pressure up to 9 (from 8) because I was still feeling air starved. The large fits well and gives me the best air flow, so I'm sticking with that. Leaks are up a tad with the large, but still very low, and I was able to take minimum pressure back down to 8.

One area of concern - with the large pillows I feel exhaling against pressure to be much easier than than the smaller pillows (and nasal mask), so I lowered EPR to 1 (had been at 2 for awhile) in an attempt to bring CA's down, but my AHI has doubled from around around 2 to almost 4 since making that change. I'm not sure why lowering EPR would do that (and I haven't analyzed the SleepyHead data for a few days), but I'll post some charts later for input.

All in all, I like the P10 and find it to be extremely comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you liked them. Definitely, post your sleepyhead data and then we can give you some advice as to what may be going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Esq,

awesome!   you have been assimilated Smile

I had a similar experience starting with medium and switched up to the large size to get more air.  

Sometimes it feels a little leaky when the air first comes on, but with the air on I pull the mask away just slightly for a moment and then let it re-seat itself the way it wants to and persistent leaks haven't been a problem for me. 

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
Ditto Saldus Miegas comments.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
My consistent advise on the P10 is that you will need a larger pillow size than you think, and the suppliers (RTs) rarely get it right. Fantastic mask once you get it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,761 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 316 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 389 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 396 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 933 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 483 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 863 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.