Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

System One Heated Humidifier stopped preheating suddenly
System One Heated Humidifier stopped preheating suddenly
I have a system one heated humidifier and last night the preheating function suddenly stopped working. Does anyone here know what may have happened?
I have always used the preheating function before I go to sleep so the air is already warm when I put the mask on.

Any ideas?

Thank you
Kim
Kimberly from HonoluluSleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: System One Heated Humidifier stopped preheating suddenly
You can try unplugging the machine, separating the blower from humidifier and then reattaching them again in case a connection got loose between the two.

Does the humidifier heat and work other than the preheat function???
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: System One Heated Humidifier stopped preheating suddenly
Like Ghost1958 says.

Let me ask if the following could also have happened to you: After filling the reservoir with distilled water out of the refrigerator and then immediately turning on the CPAP, the PRS1 acted as though it had NO humidifier. After the water warmed up a bit, the PRS1 and/or its humidifier went back to normal (which was a very big relief).

I assume there is a temperature sensor in the heating plate of the PRS1 to keep it from overheating when it has run out of water. My speculation is that the sensor (really the algorithm using it) doesn't like water just a couple of degrees above freezing in the reservoir, in order to avoid thermal shock.

Did you happen to have this experience? Has anyone else? Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 93 Yesterday, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,963 358,941 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: btreger
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 350 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
  Resmed Heating System Errors btreger 0 102 04-05-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Inspire system JThammer 15 363 04-04-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
  [Equipment] How to stop rain out from external humidifier? SluggerBaloney 7 251 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SluggerBaloney
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 6 6,952 03-30-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Ron LI

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.