Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal Pillows
RE: Nasal Pillows
Sounds like you are doing great. Large pillows may be too large to prevent leaks so it's good you are already comfortable.

But do consider trying all pillow sizes if you are not getting perfect therapy -- at one time or another in the first month or so I thought EACH of the 3 pillow sizes was "best for me".

I have used each of them with very good results, and each had some (small) disadvantage.

Generally I find the large(er) pillows are more comfortable (e.g., fluffier and bigger breathing hole) and the smaller pillows are less likely to dislodge or leak -- also my AHI seems about 1 point lower with Small Pillows (for whatever weird reason but I suspect it is the smaller more restricted air hole somehow.)

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Great to hear.

The large are a bit too large for me, they feel better but they don't seal as well. The small go right up my nose and lodge in my frontal lobe, but they seal well. The medium are just right. I feel like goldylox.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, fair,
Welcome to Apnea Board! You've found a wonderful place to ask questions, get answers and find support. Great advice about the pillow sizes. I've used all three sizes and have, like Galactus and Goldylocks, settled on the medium ones. You might also want to enable "Smart Start". It's a slick feature.

Oh… and congratulations on taking charge of your therapy!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,766 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 322 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 391 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 934 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 485 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 865 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.