Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal Pillows
Yes. For me having it loose does let the air flow better but it leaks more when the pressure goes up. Too tight and I leak less but it's harder to push air out. What helped somewhat was going up to the large pillows (or the next size up). My DME suggested the medium pillows when I started and they were just not cutting it.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2015, 10:46 PM)kally Wrote: I was trying out these pillows. Maybe I have them too far in my nose. I feel kinda like there is not enough air when they are all the way in. If I let them go a tiny bit looser, it feels like I can breathe better. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks

kally,
I would turn the ramp off. Ramp will start at a pressure of 4 and that's why you feel as if you are not getting enough air.
You can also try one size larger nasal pillow. It's not necessary to shove these into your nostrils. They should just fit slightly in enough to seal.
If they feel uncomfortable, try using a nasal gel or lanolin cream.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problems with AirFit P10 Nasal Pillows (+ResMed AirSense 10) numari 18 6,946 Yesterday, 11:36 AM
Last Post: PaytonA
  Nasal Pillows and Nasal Congestion Melman 14 341 03-18-2017, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Attila
  [Symptoms] FFM Vs. Nasal Pillows. Issues with both! vintshave 7 193 03-15-2017, 05:57 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  How often to change P10 pillows Cranberry Ray 13 800 02-10-2017, 03:07 PM
Last Post: dogmuck
  Using nasal pillows with cold sores in nose? sleepytimegal 7 387 01-19-2017, 08:18 PM
Last Post: sleepytimegal
  [Equipment] Advice on transitioning from pillows to FFM? Strat0caster 12 730 12-13-2016, 08:47 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
Question AHI Higher AFter Switch from Nasal Pillows to Full Mask Sleepypokey 8 742 10-26-2016, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Kadenz