Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal Pillows leak - any way to mark the mask/headgear?
Nasal Pillows leak - any way to mark the mask/headgear?
Well, the nasal pillow leak problem has been fixed. Drum roll, please.

The problem was...I had the washed the nasal pillows and put in back on the headgear...upside down! Woops!

Sheesh! I really have to figure out a way to know AND remember HOW to get it right side up.

Thanks to my hubby who discovered it.

Any ideas on HOW to mark the nasal pillows and headgear so I can always get it right side up???
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nasal Pillows leak - any way to mark the mask/headgear?
Almost all nasal masks have some kind of identification mark on the nasal pillow and a corresponding mark on the mask.
Check with the manual that came with your mask. If you don't have the manual, let us know which nasal mask it is and we'd be glad to help.

EDIT:
I should have read farther on and found your similar post from yesterday POST
Post Reply Post Reply
P10's have a LARGE and a small tab so they holes must match and it can't go backwards during assembly.

It is however possible to just put the darn thing on backwards (from another thread, you can even get "good therapy" that way, but the mask itself isn't leaking Wink )
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Sharpie is your friend. Just mark it both pieces where they both fit.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Staple? Ummmm, maybe not.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, the Sharpie sorta marks the nasal pillows but it tends to wash off fairly quickly. I have tried: fabric paint, laundry marker, automotive paint tube, ball point pen and nothing sticks around very long at all. However, I am NOW making very sure the ResMed name is on the top. Hubby helps me to be sure.

From another post where the P10 was mentioned I am thinking I will try that when I am due for a new mask w/headgear.
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Post Reply Post Reply
It'll get easier soon. Right now we're still in the middle of our beautiful "Indian Summer." Soon the rains will come and we'll get back to normal. Then you'll learn that the "mildewed" side goes down.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2014, 04:47 PM)retired_guy Wrote: It'll get easier soon. Right now we're still in the middle of our beautiful "Indian Summer." Soon the rains will come and we'll get back to normal. Then you'll learn that the "mildewed" side goes down.

Oh, I know what you mean! I am a transplant to Oregon, waaaay back in 1971, and I married an Oregonian (born in Pendleton) so I DO have the "Oregonian Web Feet". Strange how those web feet crack in dry weather! Grin!!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 1 42 7 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 40 Yesterday, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 243 03-27-2024, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,781 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,414 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 100 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 145 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.