Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal Pillows vs. Full Face Mask
RE: Nasal Pillows vs. Full Face Mask
I had the same problem with the resmed liberty, after a while the mouth piece would slide to much upward toward the pillows and it hurt and leaked. I used 2 clips from an amara view , filed down the little lump in the middle , assemble with a 4 to 5 inch of velcro  then put your mask on ,slide one clip between your cheek and attach the bottom strap go under the chin and do the same on the other side , ajust the velcro just to be tight enough   not to much.  
Once you have the right adjustment , cover the velcro with a piece of cloth (smooth side of velcro still a little itchy) and your all done .
Hopefully you will understand this ,I would put a picture but do not know how to do it , another thing ,I have never tried it with your f20 (magnets)
but it dont take much to keep the mask from sliding up.

I know you do not want a chin strap but it's nothing like it (mini chin strap) Unsure  

snorybob
Post Reply Post Reply
I just wanted to chime in on taping. I can't find a full face mask that fits, and my mouth always falls open. I use NexCare durable cloth tape, but I have to tape two pieces together to get about an extra 1/4" of height to keep my mouth completely closed. I've been doing it for a few years now, and hope someone comes up with a better solution, but this one does work perfectly for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
rlowe44.

Beside chinstrap, tongue sucking technique , and medical 2 inch tape , check the innomed /respcare hybrid mask .

It might work for you ! The mask has an incorporated  chin (mouth ) holder.

snorybob.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh-jeez rlowe44.

I forgot to mention one of the most effective option for a lot of people (witch you probably know about) the cervical collar ,is another option !
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I use the chin strap and the tape (1" made into 1 1:4"). Cervical collars didn't work for me. I'll check out that mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Congested/painful itch reaction/face hotness upon use of CPAP Yeliad 6 150 Yesterday, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Yeliad
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 979 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 24 11,072 04-08-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: cant exhale
  Cpap Mask Marks on Face and neck newtothis1 3 126 04-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 309 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 159 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 655 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.