Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] ask on behalf of my friend
ask on behalf of my friend
Hello again, this is my friend's OSCAR, he started less than a month, and he is frustrated about the machine at the moment. Can anyone give some suggestions? He sometimes feels hard to breathe and he said the pressure is sometimes so high, it even forced his mouth open. That doesn't make any sense to me, I said to him it must be himself opened the mouth. Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ask on behalf of my friend
I would set the maximum pressure to 12 (from 20) and turn off the ramp. Reducing the max pressure will aid in preventing a pressure runaway and the ramp is delaying the onset of therapy.   While the flow limit is not bad, I would try an EPR setting of 3 (from 2). This should help in reducing the remaining flow limits.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with oscar data for a friend airwaystent 0 183 02-20-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: airwaystent
  Asking for a friend...or a random person on FB David Clark 3 395 05-24-2023, 07:09 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Could someone please interpret this sleep study for a family friend JamesD0079 4 585 04-06-2023, 06:35 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
  Help for a friend Fliction 2 561 04-16-2022, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Fliction
  Please look at this chart from a friend on another site: Phaleronic 2 651 09-15-2021, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Help a friend understand her test results JenniferJuniper 27 2,326 09-19-2020, 08:41 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  Need Help Advising a Friend Melman 8 1,054 07-09-2020, 05:38 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.