Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal Pillows vs Nasal Masks, which worked best for you?
RE: Nasal Pillows vs Nasal Masks, which worked best for you?
(07-14-2021, 05:27 PM)CorruptAlligator Wrote: The P10 got updated with adjustable headstrap.

geeze I just ordered a new one from Supplier #1 and they sent me an old model. Hmmmm....
[DME LINK REMOVED]

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
The P10 blows directly into nasal cavity which one sleep tech told me can affect nervous system. That is a potential reason for the centrals.

The centrals appear to occur during sleep transition so probably nothing to be concerned about unless they get worse.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry to say this guys, but P10 didn't work out for me. It wakes me up too many times when I'm trying to fall asleep. I tried for 3 days and I developed anxiety with it from waking me up too many times. These masks really causes anxiety from bad experiences. I'm afraid they make shove too much air in me and wake up gasping for air. All these experienes makes me view CPAP therapy negatively.

Looks like F20 is the best I can do. AHI isn't stable, but I get better sleep than any other masks. It just feels the safest, but Ido wish they can be designed better for side-sleeping and for sleep masks.
Post Reply Post Reply
did you switch to nasal pillows on your machine menu? I use less air with pillows than with a full face mask for sure. we have the same machine and it will automatically lower pressure in pillow mode.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I did, and something about it wakes me up when I doze off. It repeatedly happends multipe times until I finally fall asleep. Sleep disturbance is not good for anybody. This is what I hate about CPAP. I tried almost all masks and they cause issues.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed AirFit™ N30i Nasal Cradle CPAP Mask Trial DaveL 38 816 57 minutes ago
Last Post: DaveL
  [Equipment] Masks: My Amara View just arrived. Have you found your favorit mask? S. Manz 13 255 11 hours ago
Last Post: S. Manz
  My puffy cheek solution (nasal mask only) StaphAttack 2 137 07-24-2021, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Cpapian
  Dreamwear Nasal yankees123 7 135 07-21-2021, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Anybody have LPR (or LPRD)? What worked for you to sleep better at night? CorruptAlligator 4 130 07-19-2021, 12:51 AM
Last Post: Geer1
  Mask similar to Dreamwear Nasal without the annoying air jet? StaphAttack 8 177 07-17-2021, 06:12 PM
Last Post: factor
  Mouth "pops" when using nasal masks NoddingHacker 5 188 07-07-2021, 01:02 PM
Last Post: factor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.