Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal Pillows vs Nasal Masks, which worked best for you?
RE: Nasal Pillows vs Nasal Masks, which worked best for you?
(07-14-2021, 05:27 PM)CorruptAlligator Wrote: The P10 got updated with adjustable headstrap.

geeze I just ordered a new one from Supplier #1 and they sent me an old model. Hmmmm....
[DME LINK REMOVED]

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
The P10 blows directly into nasal cavity which one sleep tech told me can affect nervous system. That is a potential reason for the centrals.

The centrals appear to occur during sleep transition so probably nothing to be concerned about unless they get worse.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry to say this guys, but P10 didn't work out for me. It wakes me up too many times when I'm trying to fall asleep. I tried for 3 days and I developed anxiety with it from waking me up too many times. These masks really causes anxiety from bad experiences. I'm afraid they make shove too much air in me and wake up gasping for air. All these experienes makes me view CPAP therapy negatively.

Looks like F20 is the best I can do. AHI isn't stable, but I get better sleep than any other masks. It just feels the safest, but Ido wish they can be designed better for side-sleeping and for sleep masks.
Post Reply Post Reply
did you switch to nasal pillows on your machine menu? I use less air with pillows than with a full face mask for sure. we have the same machine and it will automatically lower pressure in pillow mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did, and something about it wakes me up when I doze off. It repeatedly happends multipe times until I finally fall asleep. Sleep disturbance is not good for anybody. This is what I hate about CPAP. I tried almost all masks and they cause issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are all amazing and have contributed a lot to this thread. Thanks to the Forum for suggesting that I read it.

I've had lots of masks. I use the N20 from ResMed now. Sometimes I have lots of leakage; sometimes I don't. The post (where?) about taking extreme care with head gear settings really helped me.

I've used a Knightsbridge Dual Band chinstrap with mixed results. It's the best chinstrap I've had. However, I have a love/hate relationship with it. And it doesn't work with all headgear. An ah-ha! moment. I recently broused the site again. Now I'm putting my N20 on FIRST and then the KDB strap. When I don't use the KBS I use a home-made pad with strap under my chin.

I've contemplated going back to a nasal pillows mask. I've tried some....still using my N20.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't even fully understand what the point of nasal pillows are, if I have to consciously keep my mouth shut while t the same time trying to sleep or having to tape my mouth down in order to have a nasal mask work.
A full face pillow with air frame (frontal tubing was only made for Fighter Pilots, not sleep deprived apniacs).
That's my verdict, anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
S. Manz I'm claustrophobic. I've tried full face masks a number of times in the almost 35 years I've been compliant since I was tested. I can't keep a full face mask on.

It's all about sleep quality. If I have to wear this stuff it had better work.

I'm glad I didn't buy a Respironics machine when I bought my ResMed S10 autosens.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 16 224 1 minute ago
Last Post: jake79
  Hybrid Masks more comfortable than over the nose FF mask? sleepingbetterinFl 2 69 2 hours ago
Last Post: Dawnstar
  Skin Irritation from Masks Granny7 19 2,740 04-13-2024, 04:38 AM
Last Post: Little Olive
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 997 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 24 11,105 04-08-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: cant exhale
  Pressure vs. Airflow Burst for Nasal Opening GoodSleepHunting 0 107 04-04-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: GoodSleepHunting
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 5 518 04-03-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: hejohoo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.