Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal Pillows
Ohmy 
Nasal Pillows
I recently starting using a ResMed FX pillow mask and wondered what
telltale signs indicate that the mask is wearing out and seen better days.
I know leakage is obviously one but what if any are others ? I might add
that every day I was the pillow out with warm soapy water and let it air dry.Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nasal Pillows
Some folks can make theirs last for months. Others for just a few weeks.

Make sure you wash in what the manufacturer recommends and that you rinse them well.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2012, 08:51 PM)Supercoop Wrote: I recently starting using a ResMed FX pillow mask and wondered what
telltale signs indicate that the mask is wearing out and seen better days.
I know leakage is obviously one but what if any are others ? I might add
that every day I was the pillow out with warm soapy water and let it air dry.Thanks
Hi Supercoop and welcome to the board. I don,t use nasal pillows but as you mentioned leak is telltale sign that the cushion need replacing and also if have to tighten the headgear more than usual. If you,re insured and your insurance follow Medicare replacement schedule than you can get two pillows cushions per month. 1 mask per 3 month. 1 headgear & 1 chinstrap per 6 month. 1 hose per 3 months. 2 filters per month. 1 machine per 5 years.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Supercoop, First of all, Welcome! to the forum.! I just started wearing pillows full time a couple weeks ago but if they start leaking that would be a sign they are wearing out. I just wash mine out in soapy water with the rest of my CPAP machine parts, such as the tubing, the humidifier chamber and seal as well as the other mask parts.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2012, 11:44 PM)zonk Wrote: and also if have to tighten the headgear more than usual.
and its time to go the barber for a haircut Too-funny
Bump2

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,752 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 315 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 385 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 394 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 933 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 482 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 862 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.