Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal bridge infection - sleep iq gel nasal mask
I used the surgical mefix cloth tape when i slepth, and also 10% hydrogen peroxide cream and alcohol to clear it up. still a bit red but much smaller area (and no more pain) going to wait for it to clear up before I try the mask again without the mefix tape and report back. Thanks for the help
Post Reply Post Reply
You are still using your machine, right? Just using this tape until it heals?
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
correct, using the machine with no problems.
Post Reply Post Reply

Good. Hope it works for you. Please update us on your progress (or the lack thereof).
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Nasal bridge is completely healed up. I'm using the mask with no tape (mask to skin contact) and having no issues. I've since adjusted my straps, loosened everything up and then tightened the bottom two straps that go around my jaw to the back of the harness. I am experiencing no leaks no matter how I turn, and having the best sleep of my life. I'm using baby wipes on the mask and washing my face with Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (normal to oily skin version). I think my issues were A). Too much pressure the first night. B). Did not wash the mask the first time I took it out of the package. I recommend always washing a new mask when you take it out of the package.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi whodi,
Oh yeah, it's always good to wash a new mask before you use it.
Glad to hear that your nasak bridge has healed and that you are getting much better sleep once you got things adjusted.
CONTINUED SUCCESS!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasal mask filling with some water and causing popping noise Ticman1 11 304 2 hours ago
Last Post: Ticman1
  Nasal to FFM Questions Juleslp 3 92 Yesterday, 09:42 PM
Last Post: Russatrice
  Nasal Mask VS Nasal Pillows.... Help please Surfbear 12 324 06-23-2017, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Surfbear
  DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask users sleepytimegal 33 1,774 06-08-2017, 02:30 AM
Last Post: TrailerSweetheart
  Trying to move to nasal/pillow mask. Leaks? tedgreen 12 405 06-06-2017, 03:39 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Can't sleep with the mask! Navi 11 492 06-03-2017, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Apnea Infant
  ResMed 10 with Respironics DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask Zhash 10 405 05-29-2017, 05:18 PM
Last Post: RonKMiller