Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal bridge infection - sleep iq gel nasal mask
RE: Nasal bridge infection - sleep iq gel nasal mask
I used the surgical mefix cloth tape when i slepth, and also 10% hydrogen peroxide cream and alcohol to clear it up. still a bit red but much smaller area (and no more pain) going to wait for it to clear up before I try the mask again without the mefix tape and report back. Thanks for the help
Post Reply Post Reply
You are still using your machine, right? Just using this tape until it heals?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
correct, using the machine with no problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good. Hope it works for you. Please update us on your progress (or the lack thereof).
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Nasal bridge is completely healed up. I'm using the mask with no tape (mask to skin contact) and having no issues. I've since adjusted my straps, loosened everything up and then tightened the bottom two straps that go around my jaw to the back of the harness. I am experiencing no leaks no matter how I turn, and having the best sleep of my life. I'm using baby wipes on the mask and washing my face with Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (normal to oily skin version). I think my issues were A). Too much pressure the first night. B). Did not wash the mask the first time I took it out of the package. I recommend always washing a new mask when you take it out of the package.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi whodi,
Oh yeah, it's always good to wash a new mask before you use it.
Glad to hear that your nasak bridge has healed and that you are getting much better sleep once you got things adjusted.
CONTINUED SUCCESS!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,761 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  nasal congestion relief sleepingbetterinFl 2 157 03-23-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 193 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 150 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 316 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.