Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal mask
Nasal mask
I wanted to try a nasal mask, instead of my full face mask (F&P Simplus), to see if it's better for side sleeping.

First bought the Resmed Mirage FX nasal mask. It's comfortable and well made. However, I don't like the position of the exhaust holes at all: can feel the air escaping on my face.

I recently bought a F&P Eson nasal mask (first version), and the exhaust air is not noticeable, so a much better mask for me (and very similar to the Simplus in term of headgear).

With a chin strap, it should be a more comfortable option than the Simplus, for sleeping on the side.

Just sharing...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nasal mask
Eson IMO is THE best nasal interface on the market.
Post Reply Post Reply
IMHO always try pillows simply because they have the smallest amount of contact and generally are the least obtrusive. The same mouth breathing issues exist for both pillows and nasal masks.

Remember ALL masks can handle all Pap pressures.
Post Reply Post Reply
That bonjour guy ^^ took the words right out of my mouth. Why mess with a mask at all if pillows will do. Airfit P10 is silent with no perceptible vent of air. Good luck!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have also tried the Airfit P10, and yes, it's very silent and the exhaust air can't be felt.

However, I don't like the feeling of getting the air directly in my nose, but I will try again at some point.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2017, 10:03 AM)tedgreen Wrote: I have also tried the Airfit P10, and yes, it's very silent and the exhaust air can't be felt.

However, I don't like the feeling of getting the air directly in my nose, but I will try again at some point.

This is why you always have to TRY a mask.  Thanks tedgreen
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately, I am based in the UK and my private insurance does not pay for any of my CPAP equipment and supplies. Therefore, I have to buy the masks I want to try, at full price, and this is an expensive process! Very few online shops in the UK, and neither offer trial insurance. Also, the masks are significantly more expensive than in the US (I guess the CPAP market is much smaller), sometimes twice the price.

Luckily, the first mask I bought was the FF Simplus, and this is the one I still use the most, but it has the usual drawbacks of a full face mask, in term of leaks when sleeping on the side etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you like the Simplus, you will probalby like the Eson too.  I have, and use, both.  F&P make some very good masks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you considered the DreamWear? I like that it doesn't go into my nostrils (like the pillows), and the air is at my nose but not pumped straight in.

Does Amazon give you any better prices?
Post Reply Post Reply
The DreamWear seems to be an interesting concept, thanks!

I need to try and find one cheap now...

Amazon UK does not have much CPAP supplies, apart from tubes and filters. Buying from the USA is possible, but it adds $40 or $50 in shipping.

I think CPAP is just a lot less common in the UK and European markets.

For instance, I flew to the USA recently. In London, they had no idea what the CPAP bag was at security checks, and the machine stayed in its bag.

In the US, she asked right away to remove the CPAP machine from its bag, by just looking at the carry case... Luckily for me, I also put the machine itself into a transparent plastic bag.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 975 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 158 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,223 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,353 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 402 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 531 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [Equipment] Nasal mask over full face if suspected UARS??)) Dashaman 6 411 01-22-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.