Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal mask question
Ok this may sound weird or maybe not. Has anyone use a nasal mask that all of a sudden they are asleep and their tongue will come out some?? It is pretty frustrating because its the most comfy mask, but the past 3 night i have had this issue and it nothing more frustrating then your wife waking up and telling you to stop. But you have no idea you are doing it.

I used the zest for the first 7 days never did it.

Used the amara and of course it full mask

Using easylife since friday but this tongue thing just started.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2013, 09:44 AM)Tommy012175 Wrote: Ok this may sound weird or maybe not. Has anyone use a nasal mask that all of a sudden they are asleep and their tongue will come out some?? It is pretty frustrating because its the most comfy mask, but the past 3 night i have had this issue and it nothing more frustrating then your wife waking up and telling you to stop. But you have no idea you are doing it.

I used the zest for the first 7 days never did it.

Used the amara and of course it full mask

Using easylife since friday but this tongue thing just started.

I was opening my mouth in deep sleep with my nasal mask. So, i got a chin strap and it fixed my problem. Still can use the nasal mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just go back to dme and get one?
Post Reply Post Reply

Or buy one online. They're not expensive. There's a lot of different kinds so if your DME has several, you can try them on first. Don't accept one that is just a straight band with velcro on the ends. Useless and you can make one like that yourself out of an ace bandage.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New, question on pillows vs. face mask Deirdre66 6 264 11-06-2017, 10:16 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  With a face mask pressure is about 8.5. With a nasal pillow pressure was 20 at one po brojohn1611 10 458 11-04-2017, 03:05 AM
Last Post: James2017
  DreamWear Nasal Mask and Leak Rate Attanasio89 5 314 11-03-2017, 01:44 PM
Last Post: trev121
  [CPAP] System One Resistance Control for Brevida Nasal Pillow Mask Nitschke 3 297 10-22-2017, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Nitschke
  [CPAP] Is Dreamwear Nasal Mask compatible with Resmed S9 ? AlexBW 11 517 10-22-2017, 04:33 PM
Last Post: AlexBW
  Full face or nasal mask for 19/14cm? kestrel 10 428 09-27-2017, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Need help choosing a nasal mask. Recent cut on nose is irritated by my P10 KimberlyF 6 252 09-24-2017, 12:36 AM
Last Post: bonjour