Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal mask question
Nasal mask question
Ok this may sound weird or maybe not. Has anyone use a nasal mask that all of a sudden they are asleep and their tongue will come out some?? It is pretty frustrating because its the most comfy mask, but the past 3 night i have had this issue and it nothing more frustrating then your wife waking up and telling you to stop. But you have no idea you are doing it.

I used the zest for the first 7 days never did it.

Used the amara and of course it full mask

Using easylife since friday but this tongue thing just started.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nasal mask question
(05-07-2013, 09:44 AM)Tommy012175 Wrote: Ok this may sound weird or maybe not. Has anyone use a nasal mask that all of a sudden they are asleep and their tongue will come out some?? It is pretty frustrating because its the most comfy mask, but the past 3 night i have had this issue and it nothing more frustrating then your wife waking up and telling you to stop. But you have no idea you are doing it.

I used the zest for the first 7 days never did it.

Used the amara and of course it full mask

Using easylife since friday but this tongue thing just started.

I was opening my mouth in deep sleep with my nasal mask. So, i got a chin strap and it fixed my problem. Still can use the nasal mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just go back to dme and get one?
Post Reply Post Reply
Or buy one online. They're not expensive. There's a lot of different kinds so if your DME has several, you can try them on first. Don't accept one that is just a straight band with velcro on the ends. Useless and you can make one like that yourself out of an ace bandage.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 99 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 321 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,077 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,224 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 142 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 339 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 483 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.