Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal mask recommendation
Nasal mask recommendation
Hello,

I have been using a P10 mask for about a year. I really like the pillows. I had been having chronic nose bleed from left nare before starting CPAP therapy. I was just "living" with it but finally had it looked at. Nose doc cotterized it about 3 months ago. The other night I had a little blood again. I am taking a blood thinner also so I want to try to let it heal before getting to be a bigger problem. I want to try a nasal mask since the bleed happens just inside the nare this might give my nose a break. Given the constant changing technology what is the most popular nasal mask these days? Thanks for your input.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nasal mask recommendation
I have heard good reports on the Eson nasal mask.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

You might check the product reviews written by members:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-C...sk-Reviews
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I started out with the Resmes AirFir N10 and found that it leaked air onto my eyelids, and its magnetic clips annoying. At the beginning of this month I switched to a Respironics Wisp. I find it much more comfortable, as it seals without needed to be pulled tight. Both of those lack the forehead brace of the Eson, so they might be less stable for side sleepers (like me), but I haven't found that to be a problem.

As usual, mask fitting is both personal and problematic.

Phil
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi fp76,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I have heard quite a few good reports about Respironics newest nasal mask called the Dreamwear, but I haven’t tried it myself.
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
When I was going to buy a nasal mask I was researching them and thought I'd like the Swift FX Nano for it's minimalistic footprint. Less is more! Just want to clarify though, that I have not tried it. I did try the ResMed AirFit N10 nasal mask and found it to be kind of cumbersome on the face. The Swift FX Nano is smaller than the N10.

Anyway just my 2cents.

And BTW, welcome to the best SA Forum around!!!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2015, 10:18 AM)fp76 Wrote: Hello,

I have been using a P10 mask for about a year. I really like the pillows. I had been having chronic nose bleed from left nare before starting CPAP therapy. I was just "living" with it but finally had it looked at. Nose doc cotterized it about 3 months ago. The other night I had a little blood again. I am taking a blood thinner also so I want to try to let it heal before getting to be a bigger problem. I want to try a nasal mask since the bleed happens just inside the nare this might give my nose a break. Given the constant changing technology what is the most popular nasal mask these days? Thanks for your input.

you might give mucinex (guaifenesin) a shot... it's over the counter and really helps with nosebleeds
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
I am a Respironics WISP user and love it. Would be a decent choice for the duty you describe.

Post Reply Post Reply
The newest and most popular mask isn't necessary the best mask for me
I'm happy with my mask, and that what matter the most
Different strokes for different folks

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Eson , no cons, all pros.
Handles high pressues well and very forgiving of being shoved into the pillow.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 990 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 183 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 164 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,251 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,367 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 409 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  [Equipment] BiPAP Replacement Recommendation Prowler 1 278 01-28-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.