Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal mask recommendation
RE: Nasal mask recommendation
(10-23-2015, 10:18 AM)fp76 Wrote: Hello,

I have been using a P10 mask for about a year. I really like the pillows. I had been having chronic nose bleed from left nare before starting CPAP therapy. I was just "living" with it but finally had it looked at. Nose doc cotterized it about 3 months ago. The other night I had a little blood again. I am taking a blood thinner also so I want to try to let it heal before getting to be a bigger problem. I want to try a nasal mask since the bleed happens just inside the nare this might give my nose a break. Given the constant changing technology what is the most popular nasal mask these days? Thanks for your input.

Hi fp76,

The sleep weaver cloth mask listed in my profile has been the only nasal mask I can tolerate so far. It isn't the most popular one though. Smile

I do realize that if you have nasal bleeding, the perhaps wearing a cloth mask might not be the best option. But I still wanted to throw it out there for your consideration just in case it might be a possibility.

49er

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2015, 12:47 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi fp76,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I have heard quite a few good reports about Respironics newest nasal mask called the Dreamwear, but I haven’t tried it myself.
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.

Dreamwear is not a mask, it is nasal pillows.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2015, 07:12 AM)Snowbird47 Wrote:
(10-23-2015, 12:47 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi fp76,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I have heard quite a few good reports about Respironics newest nasal mask called the Dreamwear, but I haven’t tried it myself.
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.

Dreamwear is not a mask, it is nasal pillows.

trish6hundred is correct in stating that the Philips Respironics new DreamWear is a nasal mask.
It is not a nasal pillow mask. There are no pillows to insert in the nose.
The nasal mask just sits under the nose.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:fp76,
trish6hundred is correct in stating that the Philips Respironics new DreamWear is a nasal mask.
It is not a nasal pillow mask. There are no pillows to insert in the nose.
The nasal mask just sits under the nose.

OpalRose, I think you are picking nits a bit here - the Dreamwear may not have pillows that go up into the nares, but it is much more similar to a pillow mask than a true nasal mask which covers the entire nose.[/quote]
Post Reply Post Reply
Snowbird47,

You can call it whatever you wish, but Phillips Respironics calls it an
under the nose "nasal mask".

[attachment=1818]

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using the eson now and it works very well.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am very fickle. No one mask satisfies me for long.
My favorites include the Circadiance Sleepweaver Elan, which I have been using for much of the past year.
The Respironics Wisp NASAL MASK, which I have used for about a year.
and I am seriously looking at the new Amara View full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings,

I have been using the ResMed Swift LT for Her - Nasal Pillows System for about a year now and find it very comfortable. I sleep on my side a lot and it works fine for me.

As to the nose bleeding, I have had this occasionally and found that the bees wax products work very well to clear up the irritation and help the healing. I tried the lotion the Dr recommended and it did not do well for me.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 118 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 98 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 315 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,075 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,222 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 338 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  [Equipment] BiPAP Replacement Recommendation Prowler 1 263 01-28-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.