Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal pillow Vs full face
Nasal pillow Vs full face
[attachment=2929][attachment=2928]I have used nasal pillows from day one with mixed results however I have changed to a full mask and am getting a beter night sleep but with a very red face which now is very sore and thinking of going back to the nasal pillows
I attach the two results one from the pillows and one from the full face
I would appraciate any advise on the results

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nasal pillow Vs full face
Both approaches work fine for you. If you want to give your face a rest, use the pillows and vice versa. Maybe the improvement with FFM is due to more pressure and EPR. So it appears your settings changed a bit.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Remember to change the machine settings to match which mask you are using. There's a setting for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm, is the red face from the straps and possibly having them too tight? If you are using the F10, it is designed to float on the silicone seal that will inflate when the CPAP machine builds pressure. So, the proper way to adjust the tightness is to lay on your back with the mask on and the straps very loose, then turn on the machine (just breath if you have autostart on) and raise the mask up always from your face and let it settle back down. You should feel the seal inflate. If you have leaks, tighten the straps a very little bit all the way around, and lift it up and let it settle again. Repeat until no leaks. The mask should be floating and there should be no more tension than necessary on the straps.

Most people start with a FFM way too tight, because at first it leaks, and the natural response is to tighten the straps very tight. That actually results in more leaks in most cases with the F10.

Good Luck

Frank
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for your advice face was red where the mask was I think I had it way too tight
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 155 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 511 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 314 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,580 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,855 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 261 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 693 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.