Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal pillow life
Nasal pillow life
Hi
I'm using Resmed 10 with nasal pillows
I have mixed up the old and new pillows when cleaning is there a way to find if the pillows are knackered as they all seem ok Resmed have them down for changing every year
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nasal pillow life
Maybe try examining under bright light possibly using magnifiers of some sort, to see if you can detect any differences.
Also check flexibility of the various sections. I'm guessing they either become stiffer and less accomodating to the face or become so flexible they have to be smashed onto the face.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
The pillows will become soft and mushy and you would start to notice they don't keep a seal very well.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I was using nasal pillows, my DME used to give me two nasal pillows per month. They often lasted longer than 2 weeks for me, and I would change them out when I noticed that the "fit" just wasn't working for me . . .
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2016, 10:21 AM)OpalRose Wrote: The pillows will become soft and mushy and you would start to notice they don't keep a seal very well.

Ditto to what OpalRose said. They get real soft and leak like crazy.
Coffee
Please Take Care, Stay Safe and follow the guidelines to Stay Healthy!  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-25-2016, 10:01 AM)Bompa Wrote:
(11-24-2016, 10:21 AM)OpalRose Wrote: The pillows will become soft and mushy and you would start to notice they don't keep a seal very well.

Ditto to what OpalRose said. They get real soft and leak like crazy.
Coffee

Thanks for your help
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 155 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 314 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,855 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 388 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,098 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 261 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 450 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.