Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal pillow mask with high settings?
Nasal pillow mask with high settings?
I am currently using a FFM based on the recommendation by my sleep tech when I did my sleep study. My settings for BiPAP are 22 IPAP and 18 EPAP. 

I was told that with those high settings, nasal pillows would not work well so she started me out with a FFM which I am still using. I have quite a few episodes of leaks and I’m thinking about trying a nasal pillow mask. 

I’ve started using a soft cervical collar to keep my jaw from dropping and it helps. I’m thinking that switching to nasal pillows with the cervical collar might work. Any suggestions from those with similar experience would be helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nasal pillow mask with high settings?
It would not work the max pressure nasal pillow can handle is 20(under lab condition) and 16-18 (under real life condition), your only options are full face mask and hybrid mask
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you looked @Bleep Dreamports or the coming Bleep Eclipse (website says “coming fall 2022”)?

My pressures start at 19, and on a bad night will go as high as 22-23. My leak rate is a consistent zero!

Some Bleep users have reported lowering their pressure from FFM.

YMMV
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. That is the information I was looking for. I'll stick with my hybrid FFM until my next doctor appt. and see what he has to say about lowering pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Post your daily charts from OSCAR.

I have personally used P10 nasal pillow mask up to 25 cm max my BiLevel could provide. Currently see daily pressures between 11 and 19 through the night. At higher pressures I had more leak issues with large masks, both nasal and FFM. My orig prescribed pressure was 19 fixed full time, no pressure relief of any kind.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 128 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 702 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 99 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 108 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 119 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,433 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.