Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal pillow problem
I am having a problem with my nasal pillows - it sounds like a leak, but when I looked at it, it appears to be a small amount of moisture that causes it to "whistle" (Just a small high-pitched sound) and wakes me up - Trying to figure out if I should increase the tube temperature (I have a Climatline) or? Has anybody had a problem with this ? ( machine is Airsense 10)
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you not using the ClimateLine hose on Auto?
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!! Rolleyes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2016, 02:32 PM)cate1898 Wrote: Are you not using the ClimateLine hose on Auto?

No, I've upped it to 5, as I find it more comfortable there
Post Reply Post Reply

(01-02-2016, 01:14 PM)Koobie Wrote: I am having a problem with my nasal pillows - it sounds like a leak, but when I looked at it, it appears to be a small amount of moisture that causes it to "whistle" (Just a small high-pitched sound) and wakes me up - Trying to figure out if I should increase the tube temperature (I have a Climatline) or? Has anybody had a problem with this ? ( machine is Airsense 10)
The moisture is from your own breath, hose cosy to the short hose might helps

Post Reply Post Reply
Does the Swift FX have a series of holes for venting? If it does and it starts to whistle, rub you finger across the vent holes and see if that helps. I had several masks that had that problem. The only real solution that I found was a different mask.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2016, 05:43 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Does the Swift FX have a series of holes for venting? If it does and it starts to whistle, rub you finger across the vent holes and see if that helps. I had several masks that had that problem. The only real solution that I found was a different mask.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Thank you! I will try that.
Post Reply Post Reply

It sounds to me more like a small leak from the pillows part, instead of a tube condition. I think that I would try to tighten the straps a tad before chasing hose issues. Maybe even try a different size of pillows would help. Also, when/if you tighten the straps, you might want to rub a small bit of Vaseline on the inside of the nares, at least for a night or so, to help reduce any friction or irritation.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie here, Pillow, Nasal or Mask? And my condition Navi 15 335 05-22-2017, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Surfbear
  [Diagnosis] Noob: Is Sleep Apnea the Problem? bguppy 17 570 05-10-2017, 12:42 PM
Last Post: bguppy
  New DreamWear Pillow mask! DanPrado 1 188 05-10-2017, 03:55 AM
Last Post: holden4th
Question Benifits of nasal pillow + mouth headgear? CPAPreturnee 7 259 05-09-2017, 12:44 PM
Last Post: PaytonA
  [CPAP] Urgent Pillow repairs Big Pete 5 267 05-09-2017, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Big Pete
  mask leaking problem/nervous about SleepyHead Agabaga 4 176 05-06-2017, 11:30 AM
Last Post: sonicboom
  Nasal Pillow/Mask Recommendations Sprig 1 204 04-30-2017, 06:24 PM
Last Post: sonicboom