Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal pillow problem
Nasal pillow problem
I am having a problem with my nasal pillows - it sounds like a leak, but when I looked at it, it appears to be a small amount of moisture that causes it to "whistle" (Just a small high-pitched sound) and wakes me up - Trying to figure out if I should increase the tube temperature (I have a Climatline) or? Has anybody had a problem with this ? ( machine is Airsense 10)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nasal pillow problem
Are you not using the ClimateLine hose on Auto?
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2016, 02:32 PM)cate1898 Wrote: Are you not using the ClimateLine hose on Auto?

No, I've upped it to 5, as I find it more comfortable there
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2016, 01:14 PM)Koobie Wrote: I am having a problem with my nasal pillows - it sounds like a leak, but when I looked at it, it appears to be a small amount of moisture that causes it to "whistle" (Just a small high-pitched sound) and wakes me up - Trying to figure out if I should increase the tube temperature (I have a Climatline) or? Has anybody had a problem with this ? ( machine is Airsense 10)
The moisture is from your own breath, hose cosy to the short hose might helps

Post Reply Post Reply
Does the Swift FX have a series of holes for venting? If it does and it starts to whistle, rub you finger across the vent holes and see if that helps. I had several masks that had that problem. The only real solution that I found was a different mask.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2016, 05:43 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Does the Swift FX have a series of holes for venting? If it does and it starts to whistle, rub you finger across the vent holes and see if that helps. I had several masks that had that problem. The only real solution that I found was a different mask.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Thank you! I will try that.
Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds to me more like a small leak from the pillows part, instead of a tube condition. I think that I would try to tighten the straps a tad before chasing hose issues. Maybe even try a different size of pillows would help. Also, when/if you tighten the straps, you might want to rub a small bit of Vaseline on the inside of the nares, at least for a night or so, to help reduce any friction or irritation.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,563 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 317 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,328 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,860 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,466 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 263 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.