Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal pillow vs nasal mask vs full mouth mask?
RE: Nasal pillow vs nasal mask vs full mouth mask?
I used the Airfit F20 for nearly a year until I started to have more and more problems. The problems don't need to be mentioned here, but suffice it to say, I was on a quest to find something more comfortable and effective. I took a stab at the F30 and found it amazingly comfortable. And I could adjust the headgear quite loose (comfort) and still maintain a great seal as compared to the F20. I only have occasional problems with the headgear loosening up slightly as it stretches over time. But that is easily rectified once I recognize it has become a problem again.

I switched to the Amara View headgear on the recommendation of one of the members on AB. And that made a significant improvement to an already amazingly comfortable mask.

Unfortunately every face isn't equal. But fortunately, there are countless options available. If your DME or insurance provider lets you try different masks, then take advantage of that service. I'm 100% out of pocket, so scoring a home run with the F30 and Amara View headgear was a big win for me.

If you're not happy with your mask, keep looking. All the best on your quest for the perfect (or pretty close to perfect) fit.
Sleep-well
RayBee

My personal journey:
1/14/18 - Sleep Study, 40 AHI, Mixed Apnea (Oh joy).
Next 7 months in the circus - 6 studies, 4 xPAP machines, 8 masks, loads of poor help and misinformation.
8/20/18 - Prescription finally in-hand.
9/4/18 - I purchased  my ResMed ASV machine & F20 Mask from Supplier #2.
9/12/18 - Received my equipment... And another Hose-Head was hatched.
10/27/18 - Discovered an oasis here at the Apnea Board (You guys and dolls rock).

Seek professional help and advice from your sleep doctors. And if you get tired of the bureaucratic BS and fleecing of your hard-earned cash, exit the Twilight Zone. You have found sanctuary here at the ApneaBoard…
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face mask increases AHI PaulB 0 7 13 minutes ago
Last Post: PaulB
  Problem with mask and EPR jomama 8 74 47 minutes ago
Last Post: bonjour
Idea Have I found a solution for full face mask users? avis 20 498 1 hour ago
Last Post: jomama
  Dreamwear Full Face Mask any good? owen35ny 5 184 1 hour ago
Last Post: Clay L
  Taking off mask at sleep johanson 9 2,074 8 hours ago
Last Post: johanson
  My experiences with Fisher & Paykel ESON2 Nose Mask braindead 14 352 Yesterday, 10:15 PM
Last Post: videomagician
  DreamWear Nasal Mask with ResMed? sjssf 3 57 Yesterday, 09:27 PM
Last Post: sjssf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.