Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal pillows and a cold
Nasal pillows and a cold
So I've had a cold for the last few days. Not a knock down dead cold, but one of those ones with the runny nose, and one nostril gets plugged until you roll the other way to switch the snot. Well I decided, why not I'll try the p10 anyways. The first night didn't go so well, I was just mouth leaking a bit, so I brought out my mirage Quattro and it leaked like a sieve with having a beard and all. So last night I tried again with the p10 and woke up about every 2 hours to roll over and switch the snot. I actually slept pretty well, and my AHI was my lowest yet at .29 with no leaks. So my point is don't give up on the nasal pillows just because you have a cold.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nasal pillows and a cold
Thanks True.. I've been saying just that ever since I got the P10's. I kept my FFM for when I had a bad cold but I've never used it. What I have found is the P10's will actually help to keep that really bad congested nosie from acting up so much in the first place. So, in the past year or so I have had colds, but not one that has gone on to be one of the really yucky variety. Thanks cpap. Thanks P10.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a cold too! Use nasal rinse before bed. I sleep straight through last night wearing my P10.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the comments. I wanted to start with Nose Pillows but was concerned about what to do when I had a cold since my insurance only covers one mask every 6 months. I get my machine in June, but cold season starts in September. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
R_G I did feel like my nose was kept more open for sure.

Opal I'll have to try the rinse next time.

Mosquitobait check out the p10 resistance is futile Smile

I was actually fighting off my cold but then I had to go for a sleep deprived EEG, and the lack of sleep jacked up my immune system.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not had a cold in over 3 years, so maybe my Mirage Quattro really is better. Big Grin Sleep-well Rolleyes

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2015, 02:25 PM)PaytonA Wrote: I have not had a cold in over 3 years, so maybe my Mirage Quattro really is better. Big Grin Sleep-well Rolleyes

Haha ouchDielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a cold a couple weeks ago; first cold under xPAP therapy.

So I was expecting a problem. Didn't have one. The P10 sailed right through. AHI actually went down.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm going to jump in on this discussion concerning the P10. I have been struggling for months since I was diagnosed. I currently have the P10, F10 and N10 because I can't seem to find comfort as a side sleeper. With the P10 and N10, I wonder if I am a mouth breather and that's why I can't adjust? With the F10, the pain on the side of my nose wakes me because the mask pushes against it when I'm sleeping on my right side. I really do want to be compliant and get a good night's sleep but am just not sure what to do next. Any tips, ideas, etc?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey drp,

"Can't adjust" can mean many things. One of those can be mask leaks. Yes, if you are breathing through your mouth that would create an issue. But just as likely your pressure could be too low for you to be comfortable. You need to download the Sleepyhead software from the link at the top of the page so you and we can find out just what is going on. Things to look at are ahi, how many and what kind of events, what are your leak percentages. Your side bar indicates you are at fixed 8 pressure. That could be too low.
a
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,752 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 315 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 386 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 394 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 933 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 482 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 862 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.