Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal pillows and a cold
RE: Nasal pillows and a cold
"Can't adjust" can mean many things.

My biggest problem is sleeping on my side and waking up due to the pain on the side of my nose where the F10 mask pushes against it.

I tried downloading the Sleepyhead software to my MacBook Pro (which is 6 years old) but can't seem to open it successfully. If I am able to figure that out, I don't see a place to put an SD card into my old Mac...

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2015, 07:40 PM)drpjfitz Wrote: "Can't adjust" can mean many things.

My biggest problem is sleeping on my side and waking up due to the pain on the side of my nose where the F10 mask pushes against it.

I tried downloading the Sleepyhead software to my MacBook Pro (which is 6 years old) but can't seem to open it successfully. If I am able to figure that out, I don't see a place to put an SD card into my old Mac...

Your nose will toughen up but it takes a little time, my tenderness lasted a couple weeks. Seemed to hurt only when removing the pillows and when I touched the tender areas, fix was 'do not touch', they only 'burned' for a minute or less. Some with less tolerance for pain used Lanolin cream, billed as useful for nursing mothers.

I will suggest reading a little more in the 'Important Threads' section at the top of the main forum page. Many of us had to buy an inexpensive 'card reader' from ebay, amazon, big lots, dollar store, etc. They will plug into a usb port on your old Mac.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Napmeister!

Do you happen to know if there is an archive where I can download an older version of Sleepyhead? I think my Mac OS is too old for this new version.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2015, 05:56 PM)drpjfitz Wrote: Thanks, Napmeister!

Do you happen to know if there is an archive where I can download an older version of Sleepyhead? I think my Mac OS is too old for this new version.

Your welcome,
I'm going to wait for a Mac user to jump in here but it may help if you tell us which version your running.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your welcome,
I'm going to wait for a Mac user to jump in here but it may help if you tell us which version your running.
[/quote]

I've got Mac OS X 10.5.8 and cannot update it due to the limitations of my older MacBook Pro.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hep me. I hab a cold. By nose runs and I feel sick. And by dodder doo.
I wend to work today, becuz I can be just as miserable there as at home.

Good night I'm going to bed now.
Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
Me too .... err, three. I just started another thread because I didn't see this one first. Help me Mr Wizzard! I'm already hooked on my P10 nasal pillows, but my fixed pressure of 8 isn't doing the trick during my cold. (In fact, trying out the humidifer after 4 years of never using one seems to have *caused* the cold). Will switching to auto and adding higher pressures into the range help the cpap to fight through my congestion?

(I took the water out of the mix and out of the machine last night. The cold was almost better on Wednesday, then came roaring back much worse. I think humidifying may not be helping. Unless you-all really convince me to put water in the machine again....)
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2015, 05:23 PM)BadGoodDeb Wrote: Me too .... err, three. I just started another thread because I didn't see this one first. Help me Mr Wizzard! I'm already hooked on my P10 nasal pillows, but my fixed pressure of 8 isn't doing the trick during my cold. (In fact, trying out the humidifer after 4 years of never using one seems to have *caused* the cold). Will switching to auto and adding higher pressures into the range help the cpap to fight through my congestion?

(I took the water out of the mix and out of the machine last night. The cold was almost better on Wednesday, then came roaring back much worse. I think humidifying may not be helping. Unless you-all really convince me to put water in the machine again....)

Depending on how thick things are, the water may help thin things out. YMMV
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm new to sleepyhead but I do have a macbook air. It works fine for me but I am on the latest Yosemite. It looks like the current version only works on Snow Leopard and above.

If you can't run it, but are a little tech saavy, you can try a few options of emulating Windows within your Mac.

1. Dual boot windows using Boot Camp (cost money)
2. Install windows using Parallels Desktop or VMWare (cost money for windows license)
3. Install WINE (google it, i cant post links yet) and try installing the windows version of sleepyhead. Wine is a emulator app that lets you run windows programs inside your mac osx. There are a few easy to use wine implementations such as PlayonMac, WineBottler, and CrossOver. I use this method to run certain windows apps. There's more info at WineHQ.

Good luck
(05-11-2015, 02:16 PM)antdroid Wrote: I'm new to sleepyhead but I do have a macbook air. It works fine for me but I am on the latest Yosemite. It looks like the current version only works on Snow Leopard and above.

If you can't run it, but are a little tech saavy, you can try a few options of emulating Windows within your Mac.

1. Dual boot windows using Boot Camp (cost money)
2. Install windows using Parallels Desktop or VMWare (cost money for windows license)
3. Install WINE (google it, i cant post links yet) and try installing the windows version of sleepyhead. Wine is a emulator app that lets you run windows programs inside your mac osx. There are a few easy to use wine implementations such as PlayonMac, WineBottler, and CrossOver. I use this method to run certain windows apps. There's more info at WineHQ.

Good luck

Oops forgot to mention, I use WineBottler personally. But that's not necessarily the easiest to use. And as mentioned before, you can get a sd card usb stick reader to read the data off your card.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 24 11,092 04-08-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: cant exhale
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 493 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 446 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 972 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 535 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 946 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Symptoms] Waking up with dry mouth with nasal pillows migui0323 3 582 01-05-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.