Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal pillows vs. cradle
Nasal pillows vs. cradle
I’m still searching for the right mask. I have used the resmed n30i. I love the top tube for changing positions. The nasal cradle is ok. But due to my high pressure (20) I have to crank the mask tighter than I’d like to keep a seal. Also after three days I got some raw spots on my nose and the inside felt raw. Had a bit of a headache too. I know all of the above is from the cradle and direct air into the nose. Wondering if I’d “toughen up and adjust” eventually or not. Also wondering if a p30i pillow would seal better allowing not such a tight fit.  Obviously I have to try first but wanted to gather o opinions and thoughts. Also is there a gel I could lightly rub on my nose to keep from getting raw that won’t bother the mask
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nasal pillows vs. cradle
I've never used the n30i or the p30i, so hopefully others will chime in on that.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer

But to protect your nostrils, try the Ayr Saline Nasal Gel.  It just takes a little dab in each nostril to protect from irritation.  This can be found almost anywhere and is only a few dollars.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I want to second the recommendation for the Ayr Saline Nasal Gel, my ENT suggested this for me and it has helped! There is another one called Secaris that is also good but the Ayr has aloe in it which seems to be a little more soothing.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently switched from the Airfit P10 the P30i. My wife also used the P10 and asked for the P30i to get the hose off her nose. She was dispensed the N30i which was noisy and leaked a lot. I gave her the medium pillow from my new P30i and now she is happy with the mask. My own experience is good with the P30i. My pressures go to 18, so not far off from your pressure. Nasal pillows are easier to seal and stay in place better if you're an active sleeper. The mask is identical and accommodates N30 or P30 cushions, so it won't cost much to try.

GoIrish65, you should post a couple charts and we could see what might be done to make therapy more comfortable. 20 is a very high pressure if you're not using some EPR or bilevel. Are you happy with results?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2024, 07:19 AM)GOIRISH65 Wrote: I’m still searching for the right mask. I have used the resmed n30i. I love the top tube for changing positions. The nasal cradle is ok. But due to my high pressure (20) I have to crank the mask tighter than I’d like to keep a seal. Also after three days I got some raw spots on my nose and the inside felt raw. Had a bit of a headache too. I know all of the above is from the cradle and direct air into the nose. Wondering if I’d “toughen up and adjust” eventually or not. Also wondering if a p30i pillow would seal better allowing not such a tight fit.  Obviously I have to try first but wanted to gather o opinions and thoughts. Also is there a gel I could lightly rub on my nose to keep from getting raw that won’t bother the mask

I used the resmedp30i for a good while and that irritated my nose and for me it seemed to leak a lot more than the resmed n30i. I have tried the different sizes on both and I found the medium n30i works best for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2024, 08:57 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I recently switched from the Airfit P10 the P30i. My wife also used the P10 and asked for the P30i to get the hose off her nose.  She was dispensed the N30i which was noisy and leaked a lot.  I gave her the medium pillow from my new P30i and now she is happy with the mask.  My own experience is good with the P30i. My pressures go to 18, so not far off from your pressure.  Nasal pillows are easier to seal and stay in place better if you're an active sleeper.  The mask is identical and accommodates N30 or P30 cushions, so it won't cost much to try.  

GoIrish65, you should post a couple charts and we could see what might be done to make therapy more comfortable.  20 is a very high pressure if you're not using some EPR or bilevel.  Are you happy with results?

How do you manage your hose with the P30i?   With a nasal pillow ( p10 or swift fx ) I clip the tube to the front of my PJs.  Sometimes I'll also clip the mask tube if having a difficult time with leaks.  I can see where getting the weight of the tubing off your nose might make the nasal pillow more stable and more leak free.
Post Reply Post Reply
With the P30i, the tube runs behind and over my headboard, so it is actually behind me and to the side. With the P10, I used a lanyard to secure the tube above my sleeping position, with enough slack to move around. In both cases, I use a soft fleece cover over the tubing.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That’s why I want to like those masks as a multiple position sleeper. The swivel on top of the head is great. I’m grabbing the p30i nose pillows to plug into my n30i tonight and see.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used to use the P30i too. To me, it was the most comfortable nasal pillows mask by far. I think you'll love it.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Do dedicated CPAP pillows actually help? Old Moondog 6 155 Yesterday, 06:50 AM
Last Post: Old Moondog
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 24 11,249 04-08-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: cant exhale
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 474 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 991 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 555 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 982 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Symptoms] Waking up with dry mouth with nasal pillows migui0323 3 614 01-05-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.