Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nasal pillows with good woman's headgear fit
RE: Nasal pillows with good woman's headgear fit
Sleepless in Virginia,
Thank you for your post! I also have a problem with the Resmed P10 for Her slipping off my head during the night. I have unsuccessfully tried a variety of masks. I was glad to know the reason is the mask dues not ride low enough on the head. I like the P10 nasal pillows mask, except it does not stay on. I read your post and a variety of others, and their suggestions. I figured out I could remove a normal width (about 3/4 inch wide) strap from the Swift FX headgear I had tried and easily attach it to my P10 strap (which has two narrow (5/16 inch) bands), because the Swift strap has Velcro hooks on each end. Adding that extra (normal width) strap helped me keep my mask on through the night!

Amazon sells the equivalent of the Swift FX removable back strap when I searched for "CPAP strap Swift." They are two for $13 to $16. It looks like it would work. You could make your own strap, perhaps with Scuba fabric. Or you could put elastic inside a cloth sleeve and attach it, either sewing it on directly, or using Velcro.

I also found that Amazon has a strap composed of three narrow bands (instead of two) to go around the back of the head. I see they have widened it slightly in the "Upgraded Airfit P10 Headgear for Her - Strap Replacement Improve Stability & Comfort" for $20 but I cannot tell if people found it helpful. If it worked, you would only need to use the one strap, not the additional Swift strap.

Also, if you can figure out the instructions from the post "P10 strap hack" from Cpapian, that might help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nasal pillows with good woman's headgear fit
Even if I am a male, I have a small nose and since 8 years always used the WOMEN-SMALL masks (maybe non gendered Ha Ha).
I used for a some time Resmed P10 and hated it, changed to Swift FX Nano (nasal not a pillow) and stayed it for many years until I replaces my CPAP for a Airsense 10 WOMEN Ha Ha.   I like very very much the Airsense because it is silent and work as well as my old S9.

Now about mask.  In the change to the Airsense I made a search for new mask design and found the Brevida that is a pillow... BUT A DIFFERENT PILLOW as I was used to.  I liked it very much when it is in the right place but the single back head strap did not keep it in place all the night and my wife as me to stop this mask... to much noise.

But I was happy with the comfort when in place.  With other searches I found the EVORA and realized that the Evora was with a 2 bands headgear, like my older Swift FX Nano.  I am designer and always try to solve my problem MYSELF, so I purchased a Evora headgear and using tie-wraps I make a mix of both.

FOR ME this  is the world best mask... Brevida plus Evora headgear.
After 2 months of test, I designed a 3D printed an adaptor to mix them easier... this is the result.
So, I would recommend to buy both, Brevids mask plus a Evora headgear try to install the headgear at the best as you can and test it.
If you.... SHE is happy with, tell me I will send you for free (you only pay the shipping) the adaptor.

I do know that the first test require some expenses and work, but for me it save "my couple" and each evening I am happy with the good night I will have.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Headgear for very large heads NogginOff 1 53 11 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 73 03-27-2024, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,782 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 205 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 149 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 183 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.