Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Natural Alternatives for PLMD w/ Bruxism
Question 
Natural Alternatives for PLMD w/ Bruxism
Hi, I am not a big fan of pharmaceuticals as I feel they have helped me along to where I am today (not a very happy place). I believe if the OSA had been addressed in my early 20s it would have prevented the nuero soup I have going on upstairs. Now I have my PAP :-) :-) ... and a slew of nuero issues, PLMD and teeth grinding, along with horrible anxiety at night.

What I would like to know is, does anyone have any experience in the Orthomolecular/functional medicine realm in regards to the nuero issues that seem to accompany sleep apnea? Ive been delving into "the sources" of brain disorders and I've stumbled upon some great research by William Walsh, Dr. Terry Wahls, among others. I mention those two in particular because they have some great presentations on YouTube if anyone is interested. Im particularly intrigued by the nutrogenomic aspect.. has anyone done any genetic testing???

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Natural Alternatives for PLMD w/ Bruxism
Hello, cmdBOSS. I have read a little on the topic you mention. I get an e-newsletter from Dr. Wahls. I suppose I'd say that the subject interests me, but that financial constraints prevent me from getting into it more than I have.

I see discussion of the neuromuscular nature of sleep disordered breathing on this board sometimes, but in general it is more oriented towards diagnosis of sleep apnea, discussions of CPAP therapy issues, and optimizing CPAP treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inspire and CPAP Alternatives and Updates Comfortcomposites 7 927 12-11-2023, 11:03 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Can Mild OSA (AHI of 9) + Severe PLMD be Responsible for severe symptoms? gohoos1998 14 882 11-18-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: gohoos1998
  [Equipment] Alternatives to Vitacom and Contec for Overnight Oximeter Giantmushroom 2 513 10-22-2023, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Giantmushroom
  PSG - Mild OSA and Severe PLMD gohoos1998 10 903 09-28-2023, 09:34 AM
Last Post: gohoos1998
  CPAP indicators of PLMD, O2 Ring Cam12 20 1,560 09-27-2023, 08:40 AM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote
  DreamMapper alternatives xaid 3 701 06-10-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: upsman
  Searching for successful treatment of PLMD Sleepcycle 2 553 05-24-2023, 09:57 AM
Last Post: sttebr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.