Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Natural Sleep Aid suggestion for Anxiety
RE: Natural Sleep Aid suggestion for Anxiety
Do stay away from benzodiazapines... They have a very deep hook.
Some people can never come off them.

Plus, benzos do disturb sleep.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Peyt I can understand that cpap itself can be part of the problem. In the beginning I spent too much time thinking about breathing....the sounds, not breathing, you know....stupid stuff. Problem is once you start it's hard to shut it off. You have to change the path to something mundane and maybe a little boring.

Pick something you enjoy doing, but nothing too exciting. One of my hobbies is building electric guitars. I will start thinking step by step how I will do something. Sounds silly but it takes my mind off cpap or other daily concerns.
Post Reply Post Reply
I put on a set of over the ear headphones and fall asleep listening to either music or German language lessons -- guess which puts me to sleep fastest.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Exercise, meditation, creative visualization and a diet relatively free of caffeine and sugar has helped me quite a bit. Also, good sleep hygiene such as going to bed at the same time every night. If you have a clock of any kind in your bedroom, cover it up! Glancing at the clock to see how long it takes to fall asleep only adds to anxiety. And… just like Grandma recommended, a glass of warm milk just before bedtime. Weird, but it helps relieve anxiety!! Maybe a warm bath before bed time. Has a "grounding" affect.

Hope you are soon enjoying peaceful sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Melatonin works great for me. I use the 5mil tongue dissolving tablets. I usually take two or three at a time. I drift off naturally and wake up without any druggy feeling.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've also heard ortho adapt works well. I haven't tried it so I can't comment about how or if it works.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree most anxiety is related to real world problems which should be addressed. That being said, I suggest you look into marijuana (edible or smoked) as a possible anti-anxiety medication and sleep aid. The effects are well documented, as is safety. The difficulty for laypeople is separating the propaganda (on both sides) from the legitimate research.
Folks with IBS might also benefit.

I am no doctor, not even a Phd.
Post Reply Post Reply
somnapure I have heard works well for sleeping and is supposed to be natural
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 160 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 204 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 190 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Anxiety/elevated HR at beginning of night Jskier 1 212 02-11-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Extreme Anxiety during day after CPAP usage...something physiological? gohoos1998 9 710 12-29-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Leedsunited92
  My suggestion for help with nasal pillow irritation rebean 3 662 12-06-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Increased Anxiety/Irritability after Starting CPAP? gohoos1998 0 400 11-17-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: gohoos1998

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.