Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Nausea, Sometimes Extreme- Cause By Sleep Apnea?
RE: Nausea, Sometimes Extreme- Cause By Sleep Apnea?
Hhmmm, how were you diagnosed with the acid reflux JP?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Nausea, Sometimes Extreme- Cause By Sleep Apnea?
There are two types of treadmill test. One where they wire you up and set you to work on the treadmill and read the results as an ECG. This might pick up some heart anomalies but won't necessarily detect coronary artery disease.

A myocardial perfusion consists of two sets of high resolution scans where you are injected with a nuclear trace dye. The first scan looks at your heart at rest and with the second you are injected with the radioactive tracer, do the stress test and then go through the imaging process. In my case I had a straight stress test and it detected very little. Eighteen months later the myocardial perfusion picked up my three severely blocked coronary arteries which the previous scan couldn't. This ended 10 years of denial for me and also saved my life.

It's your choice. In the end my new GP made it for me and I'm so glad he did. If the decision had been left to me I wouldn't be typing this response.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 5 53 7 minutes ago
Last Post: OpalRose
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 1 75 Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,284 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 263 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 151 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Need help with RERAs in sleep apnea shedu1337 8 321 04-03-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: shedu1337
  Heart Failure with Sleep Apnea kwhenrykerr 2 225 04-02-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.