Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Neat follow up with Doc and thanks to the Board
Neat follow up with Doc and thanks to the Board
Well had my first follow up today after about 1 month on my VPAP for central apnea. Was all excited and had my little data card. So she walks in and says, there is no data on the card. I said yes there is, as I've been reading the data for a few weeks now. So they (the tech) tried it again (with it unlocked) and still couldn't get a reading. So, the thank you to this board and the folks on it come now as I was able to "speak the language" to the PA during our visit. I also went home and printed out the sleepyhead stats and brought it back to the office after the appt. Imagine if I hadn't had the downloads and been reading the data and trying to understand the lingo. So thanks again to all of you on here. I'm so appreciative as you all have been so very helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Neat follow up with Doc and thanks to the Board
Hi Buckeyedog,
Great job, keep up the good work.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2014, 12:14 PM)Buckeyedog Wrote: So she walks in and says, there is no data on the card. I said yes there is, as I've been reading the data for a few weeks now. So they (the tech) tried it again (with it unlocked) and still couldn't get a reading.
If you can read the data, they should be able too
Maybe they,re clueless, have no idea what to do
Its been said 'too many cooks spoils the broth'

Well-done
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it possible that they unlocked the card and formated it, instead of downloading the data?

I remember years ago a computer client of mine called and said I have a problem my computer won't boot. I put a floppy disk in the drive and typed format c: and now nothing works. This back in the DOS3.1 days.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I went home and uploaded it again and it grabbed last night and included all the past data as well. So I have no idea why they couldn't read it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Buckeyedog,
Maybe the soft ware wasn't up to date for the S9's .Had that happen where RT couldn't download S9 data and that ended up being the reason. The loaners were S8's. We all know what that means...... once you buy, nobody checks data if we don't do it ourselves.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2014, 12:14 PM)Buckeyedog Wrote: Well had my first follow up today after about 1 month on my VPAP for central apnea. Was all excited and had my little data card. So she walks in and says, there is no data on the card. I said yes there is, as I've been reading the data for a few weeks now.

Thanks Buckeyedog for the heads up….I have a first appt on Monday I think I might just do a print out to take with me Smile
Good job and be well Smile
S
Post Reply Post Reply
I have one sleep lab I work with that always says they can't read the card. 90% of the time the data downloads fine for me.

Another possibility is if you did a download yourself before you took the card in to be read you might have inadvertently deleted the data from the card. I've not used the Sleepyhead and don't know if it does this (either automatically or whether it can be accidently done).
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2014, 07:49 AM)jaycee Wrote: I have one sleep lab I work with that always says they can't read the card. 90% of the time the data downloads fine for me.

Another possibility is if you did a download yourself before you took the card in to be read you might have inadvertently deleted the data from the card. I've not used the Sleepyhead and don't know if it does this (either automatically or whether it can be accidently done).

I went home AFTER the appt. and my computer read the card just fine and updated the data in sleepyhead. That was my first thought as well.......must have been something I did. But nope. Maybe it is their software issue as mentioned above. Hard to believe they wouldn't be current though. Strange for sure.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2014, 07:49 AM)jaycee Wrote: Another possibility is if you did a download yourself before you took the card in to be read you might have inadvertently deleted the data from the card. I've not used the Sleepyhead and don't know if it does this (either automatically or whether it can be accidently done).

SleepyHead has no capability to change or delete anything on your SD Card. All files are opened in read-only mode (I just checked the source code).

No matter what happened/happens to the card data, you can be certain that SleepyHead didn't do it.

Nice design work JediMark!

Terry
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep physicians that value OSCAR and the Apnea Board community FrankFuss 26 3,338 02-28-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  New to the board: Pre Therapy, suspected Central Apnea MVoltaire 12 499 02-28-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: MVoltaire
  New to Board. Need help interpreting OSCAR Travel2BFree 23 1,671 12-07-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Love a follow up on my OSCAR readings plz! Captain Howdy 72 6,195 10-22-2023, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
  [News] Apnea Board News 2023 email copy SuperSleeper 0 644 10-10-2023, 12:32 AM
Information [Mod Note] Do you want us to know when you die? [Apnea Board Postmortem Form] SuperSleeper 15 5,544 08-07-2023, 06:30 PM
  Questions about first follow up with Dr after starting cpap JulieK 2 601 06-29-2023, 06:03 AM
Last Post: Rich66

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.