Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Neck Pain
Neck Pain
Hi All,
I've been using my CPAP for approx 10 weeks now and coincidentally I have had some neck pain for about that time. I'm using a WISP mask with the standard harness. When I nod my head forward & back I get pain at the back of my skull and its in the same place where the wisp harness sits. It's not a 'wry' neck (from sleeping with neck in an awkward position). I feel that my harness is adjusted and positioned correctly.

Anyone else had this experience?

Cheers

Dan
Brisbane, Australia
Cheers

Dan

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Neck Pain
Have you tried reducing the tension on the bottom straps a little to see if it can be done without causing leaks???

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Dan

I get something similar, where the strap passes over a facet joint or trigger point. There are a couple of devices around which are supposed to spread the strap pressure to relieve the problem. One is by CPAP Seal and another is Pad-a-cheek. Try Googling them. For what it's worth, I use a Pad-a-cheek FFM liner which I really like. I also tried the CPAP Seal gel liner which I didn't like at all - their strap liners might be more successful.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good suggestions. Thanks for the replies.

I've adjusted the bottom straps and the mask is comfortable. I'll look at my pillows and try some sort of reconfiguration there.

Thanks again

Dan
Brisbane, Australia
Cheers

Dan

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 983 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 169 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 343 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP LUNDBERG Pillow shoulder pain Roy289 2 396 12-26-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Roy289
  Weird neck/throat movements. Is there a term for this? Rebdr 1 312 10-19-2023, 05:39 AM
Last Post: Rebdr
  FFM with no neck strap? sleepyzzz 4 567 10-14-2023, 07:05 PM
Last Post: sleepyzzz
  [Symptoms] Back/Chest pain, need advice anthonyfg 3 452 09-08-2023, 06:24 PM
Last Post: anthonyfg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.