Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Neck brace tips, anyone?
Neck brace tips, anyone?
I've been trying different neck braces for almost a year but I have found them either uncomfortable or ineffective for correcting positional obstruction. I'm now thinking of trying Amazon instead of shops that sell CPAP accessories. Would appreciate any advice/tips/warnings/recommendations on what to look for or look out for as there are only photos to go by in Amazon and reviews are sometimes split on whether a product is well made or any good for correcting positional apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Neck brace tips, anyone?
I bought one from amazon and used it off and on. It was too high.

I fixed it (finally) and wrapped the tape I use to prevent mouthbreathing all around the front of it, where my chin rests. Now it's so comfortable I can't tell it's there! I've even bought a spare soft pad.

DaveL
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks DaveL. Do you remember the name of the neck brace?
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the one I purchased about a month ago from Amazon, height is adjustable, around $13. It works fine for me.  

Futuro - 70011000828 FUTURO Cervical Collar,
Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bobbie,

"VELPEAU Neck Brace -Foam Cervical Collar - Soft Neck Support Relieves Pain & Pressure in Spine - Wraps Aligns Stabilizes Vertebrae - Can Be Used During Sleep (Comfort, Blue, X-Large, 4″)"

I adjusted it with my lip-tape. Wink

DaveL

Sorry for taking so long. Been away.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Bobbie the issue I had buying a pad was size. That really slowed me down.

There are really good guides on the forum that should have helped.

When I bought my first Velpeau it was really uncomfortable. I did it up too tight--I didn't need to. And it was too high. It's wonderful now that I've cinched it down with adhesive tape. I simply went around the pad in two spots. They are just right and left of my chin, so I don't rub my chinon the tape.

Hope this helps.

Dave
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV settings and tips jcp519 43 1,352 03-26-2024, 03:19 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,286 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519
Question [CPAP] New to CPAP/APAP looking for Adjustment tips jster71 2 305 02-16-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 169 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,544 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Weird neck/throat movements. Is there a term for this? Rebdr 1 312 10-19-2023, 05:39 AM
Last Post: Rebdr
  Camping with CPAP - any tips? SuperSleeper 43 7,630 10-16-2023, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Hintertux

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.