Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need Advice-Cpap quit working- Remstar Auto A flex
Need Advice-Cpap quit working- Remstar Auto A flex
Hello, I've been using my Remstar Auto A flex for a couple years with no problems for a few years till tonight. It made a new to me electronic beeping and shut off, so I checked it out. The machine had a message saying to NOT remove SD card and that the unit needed service. So I panicked and I did a search on this forum but found nothing specific to me.

I just rechecked the cpap machine and the error messages are gone and unit started working. But after a few minutes it shut off with this message "Data Activity- Service Required".

Wondering if there is a quick fix in order to be able to go back to sleep? or do I need to bring machine in for repair.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need Advice-Cpap quit working- Remstar Auto A flex
Try removing the SD card? Perhaps it is full? Or erase the card and reinstall it? Just guessing here.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Anita,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Usually, when you get "Service required" showing up on your screen, if I'm not mistaken, that means you have to take it to be repaired, but hang in there, someone will be able to give you a betteridea as to what to do.
Hopefully, you are able to get your machine working, soon.
Much success to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Peter for the suggestions, I needed a place to start and it looks like I have to download some program to read the card. The machine has been running for a couple of years and the card is probably full. I change out the filters, tubing and masks but never gave a thought to the rest.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-29-2014, 08:09 AM)Peter_C Wrote: Try removing the SD card? Perhaps it is full? Or erase the card and reinstall it? Just guessing here.
or maybe the card is corrupted, in any case the machine need rebooting every now and then
* switch off power and unplug power cord from wall outlet
* wait a while Coffee
* plug the cord back into wall outlet and switch on power

data activity displayed when data is transferring to the card
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you ZonkSmile

I unplugged and waited then attempted a restart, but no action....only the message was "Data activity. Do NOT remove" then "Service Required"

I could hear the machine writing to the SD card if that is possible.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-29-2014, 03:34 PM)Anita Coffee Wrote: Thank you ZonkSmile

I unplugged and waited then attempted a restart, but no action....only the message was "Data activity. Do NOT remove" then "Service Required"

I could hear the machine writing to the SD card if that is possible.
remove card from the machine and try again
Post Reply Post Reply
I unplugged from the wall and unit, removed the SD card then waited. Reconnected things again and got the same error message. I was dinking around and it looks like the SD card is at 93% free space. Also it said the unit has been chugging along since Oct.29, 2010.
Post Reply Post Reply
ok, try one more time but this time, without the card inserted in the machine
to see if the problem is with the card or the machine
Post Reply Post Reply
If never heard my machine or my wifes which are the same machine as yours "writing to the SD card".

If nothing else works try this. Go into the clinical settings Reset or "clear" the data. That will wipe all data from the machine except its blower hours and return it in data wise to a like new state. Put a new card in it.

If something in the data stored in the machine is causing the trouble that should fix it. Youll lose your data stored on the machine but probably get your machine working again.
If its a hardware problem then youll probably have to send it in to get it fixed.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 291 2 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 861 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 94 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,796 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 144 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.